Davone Bess reunited with college teamate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Davone Bess reunited with college teamate

I thought it might be Colt Brennan not fitting in with Shanahan's schemes, but in reality, he's probably a better fit for them than Campbell.

WE CAN BE THE ALL DREADS TEAM. Start Growin Hair Camarillo, Ginn, Hartline and Turner

I'm just warning you now for those who don't know how disdainful Parcells is towards fixing problems at receiver... This is probably the tuna's idea of fixing the receiver corps... I'm not kidding.

Scouting Reports on Ryan Grice-Mullens

Some guys should have stayed in school

[FONT=&quot]Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullen, Hawaii, WR:[/FONT] With Colt Brennan and Jason Rivers exhausting their eligiblity, these two also decided to leave school a year early, but neither was drafted. Grice-Mullen missed part of his pro day workout with cramping, but still ran a 4.3 40-yard dash. His size might of scared teams off, considering he was just 5-10, 187 pounds. Grice-Mullen signed with the Texans, while Bess, who is also 5-10, signed with the Dolphins.

http://wyoming.scout.com/2/731828.html
NFL Combine Day Two
Ryan Grice-Mullen (Wide Receiver, Hawaii) Grice-Mullen caught the ball as well as anyone at the combine today. He really snatched the ball away from his body and looks very natural, explosive and nimble in and out of breaks.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008WR.php

Ryan Grice-Mullen, Hawaii
Height: 5-10. Weight: 187.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.46.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.36.
Vertical: 31.5. Broad 10-2.
Projected Round: 7.

I can't say I trust Hawaii receivers, although Ryan Grice-Mullen's numbers are better than Devone Bess'.

Yet another Hawaii receiver who puts up crazy stats. Grice-Mullen recorded 85 receptions, 1,228 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2005, but saw the former two numbers dip to 46 and 770 because of an ankle injury. Grice-Mullen proved he can get the job done against elite competition, garnering 109 yards and a score at Alabama.

Davone Bess, Hawaii
Height: 5-10. Weight: 194.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Combine 40 Time: 4.69.
Pro Day 40 Time: 4.49.
Vertical: 36.5. Broad 10-7.
Projected Round: 7-FA.

Again, I have to question why people were so high on Davone Bess. He's small and slow. He almost ran a 4.7 at 5-10, 194 pounds. His numbers were a product of June Jones' system.

Colton Brennan's top receiver, Bess notched 96 receptions, 1,220 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2006. But we all know that looking at Hawaii's offensive statistics can be a bit misleading. The bottom line is Davone Bess is a 187-pound wide out who runs a 4.5. He needs to improve his timed speed or somehow grow five inches.

i hope he beats out ted ginn

Can only mean one thing...he'll be on our team for TC. Great find, Trifecta.

i used to watch those late night hawaii games. mullen looked as good as bess.

i hope he beats out ted ginn

Actually, I would think its Bess he would compete with. Because we already have a QB friendly possession type of always open type of WR in Camarillo who know one has been able to unseat as the starter. Plus Hartline, who was drafted by this regime, as another one of those possession guys who has shown the knack for the big play.

This Mullen guy would be a faster Bess and replace him on PRs. I'd say its Bess who is on the hotseat more than Ginn. Because at least Ginn has big play ability. Bess is mediocre and a possession guy. We have Camarillo and Hartline that can fill his void if he is traded. Just saying...

Back
Top Bottom