Day 1 picks w/ a short Day 2 summary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 1 picks w/ a short Day 2 summary

traptses

Starter
Reaction score
1st (1) Chris Long, DE - Virginia
I think this pick will ultimately come down to Long and Gholston. I would prefer Gholston, but Long is a solid player who can get the job done.

2nd (32) Gosder Cherilus, OT - Boston College
Strong possibility he is gone by this pick, but I dont see him falling any further than here.

2nd (57) Tracy Porter, CB - Indiana
This is a deep CB class, and because of that, Porter is still avalible here. Talented athlete who should go higher than this, but won't because of the class.
3rd (64) Josh Johnson, QB - San Diego St.
Played against Division II teams, so is looked down upon because of it. However, he was named MVP of the Shrine game, showing he can compete with top players. Had a 43:1 TD/ INT ratio last season. Could be a big steal.

Day 2:
Expect to get a TE to compete for starting job, and the usual depth picks. nothing out of the ordinary here

Day 1 is just now the first 2 rounds, for future reference :p They shortened it so the draft didn't take so long.

I also don't feel that Josh Johnson is the type of player we would want, especially at the expense of a 3rd round selection that is smack in the middle of where the talented TEs are being selected. If we are going to try to find a starting caliber tight end, it won't be in the 4th/6th/7th rounds

Day 1 is just now the first 2 rounds, for future reference :p They shortened it so the draft didn't take so long.

I also don't feel that Josh Johnson is the type of player we would want, especially at the expense of a 3rd round selection that is smack in the middle of where the talented TEs are being selected. If we are going to try to find a starting caliber tight end, it won't be in the 4th/6th/7th rounds

I have this strange feeling, I don't know why, that Kellen Davis will be around in round 4

and thanks for telling me the day 1 situation, I didn't know that

Back
Top Bottom