Day 2 (2nd & 3rd rds) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Day 2 (2nd & 3rd rds)

Use our abundance of picks and get these guys, don’t wait for someone else to move into position

There are a ton of guys still on the board that would suit me fine.

I am looking for more OL, FS and RB but there are guys at other spots as well.Edge rusher is still something of a need and there is some good value in R2, guys like Gross-Matos/Baun and Epenesa that the early mocks had us taking in R1.

Still some good WR's too, like Shenault and Mims, but I would prefer they address more pressing needs.

They may not take the exact guy I want but I am confident that Day 2 is going to be good for the Fins.

39 I’d love Jonathan Taylor or a safety like McKinney, Delpit, or Chinn.

We don't need all those late picks. Package a few and try move up for a better chance at a premium player.

I really don't think packaging a 6th and a pair of 7th round pick would move you up very far in any of the earlier rounds. I think you're more likely to see some of those day 3 picks traded for a player on another team. For example I would be ok trading Grant and a 6th to Denver for Royce Freeman. With Lindsey and Gordon the Broncos might be ok moving the former Oregon star.

I think you can package some of the 4's and 5's and move up into the early 100's for a player you really like.

And you possibly could package the 6th and some of the 7's to move up into the late 5th. But they already have a late 5th so that is less likely.

I like the idea of trading two of the 7th's for a 6th next year.

We don't need all those late picks. Package a few and try move up for a better chance at a premium player.

Exactly. It is a mistake to evaluate drafts by year. The basics do not change appreciably, no matter the conventional wisdom or names at the time.

My philosophy is to take swings within the top 40. Those early second round players still have first round similarities. Once you get into late second round it always amazes me how the level falls off and it becomes more of a grab bag.

The Dolphins should take the 56th pick and use later resources to smartly bump that 56th within the top 40. Along with 39 that would give us 5 picks within the top 40. That is the way to build a franchise. It places far less stress on the general manager. He can be mediocre and still succeed.

This is not entertainment. It is not keeping busy. There is no reason to pick and pick again in every round. You may feel good at the time but far more often than not those later guys stick around for a while but are not pivotal toward the success or failure of the franchise.

Obviously the draftnik types want pick after pick because they devote all year to learning all the names and studying characteristics of each of them. Fortunately I set that aside a long time ago. Give me the big picture generality...choose within the top 40 and I'll take my chances.

We got lots of positive possibilities tonight.

I wouldn't mind something like:

39 J.K. Dobbins or D'Andre Swift

56 Tee Higgins or Ashtyn Davis

70 Robert Hunt or Terrell Lewis

Green Bay doesn't have a 4th...I want another 3rd.

Let's give them their 4th back and our 4th...hey, throw in a 5th. We have the picks.

Back
Top Bottom