D'Brickashaw Ferguson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
Best clip from practice and most impressive player I saw today. D'Brick manhandling Kiwanuka and someone else on 1 on 1 drills. These were the top DE's he was going up against and they didn't even touch the 'QB'. I didn't get the chance to catch yesterday's practice but Maylock thought the first 2 days of practice cemented his top 5, maybe top 10 draft status. His arms are '36 inches long, which is the wingspan of a 6'9 giant or 747. And his forte is considered his footwork. Too bad he's out of our range.

WAAY out of our range.

He is as good as a Jet. He's being compared to Lomas Brown (a former Giant), he's from the New York area, and the Jets are well aware that it is extremely hard not to take a career dominant LT when you've got the chance to get one. This guy is as good at pass protection as I have EVER seen. He's not as dominant a run blocker, but that will come with maturity and more NFL strength. It's amazing to watch him step UP and OUT to the most dangerous defensive ends in the country and not end up yielding an inch...most guys have to step backward a little bit to create some separation so they can get their punch working for him on easier ground to use their footwork. His footwork is so supreme, he doesn't need to step back.

Pink_Dove said:
Best clip from practice and most impressive player I saw today. D'Brick manhandling Kiwanuka and someone else on 1 on 1 drills. These were the top DE's he was going up against and they didn't even touch the 'QB'. I didn't get the chance to catch yesterday's practice but Maylock thought the first 2 days of practice cemented his top 5, maybe top 10 draft status. His arms are '36 inches long, which is the wingspan of a 6'9 giant or 747. And his forte is considered his footwork. Too bad he's out of our range.

ya... the kid is a stud... IMO, he is the most sure thing in this draft... but unfortunatly, we have absolutly no chance at getting him...

Nasty said:
ya... the kid is a stud... IMO, he is the most sure thing in this draft... but unfortunatly, we have absolutly no chance at getting him...

I still shake my head that Houston in desperate, desperate need to help Carr and Davis doesnt just bite the bullet and take this kid #1 overall....I just dont see Bush being the answer to help them where they need help. Maybe they take Bush, but at the end of the day, I think they have to find a way to trade for DF if they cant convince themselves to give him #1 money by taking him with that pick.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
I still shake my head that Houston in desperate, desperate need to help Carr and Davis doesnt just bite the bullet and take this kid #1 overall....I just dont see Bush being the answer to help them where they need help. Maybe they take Bush, but at the end of the day, I think they have to find a way to trade for DF if they cant convince themselves to give him #1 money by taking him with that pick.
I don't really think it's a forgone conclusion that Bush ends up a Texan. I see the Jets trading up, giving a little more than what NYG did for Eli. D'Brick will be a Texan, IMO.

Pink_Dove said:

Yeah D-brick is awesome. It be nice to have him. But we'll have to focus on other OT's. Atleast thats one O-lineman I wont have to keep an eye on in the senior bowl. I was watching a video of Marcus Mcneil and he really didn't impress me that much.

Back
Top Bottom