DC Todd Bowles as the "leading candidate" to replace Mike Smith as Falcons head coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DC Todd Bowles as the "leading candidate" to replace Mike Smith as Falcons head coach

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution sees Cardinals DC Todd Bowles as the "leading candidate" to replace Mike Smith as Falcons head coach.
The Falcons were in the Rex Ryan hunt, but lost out to the Bills. Bowles will interview for a second time with Atlanta on Wednesday. Per the Journal-Constitution, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is expected to stay with New England after his team advanced to the AFC Championship Game, nixing any opportunities for McDaniels to interview this week. Seahawks DC Dan Quinn is expected to go to the Jets. Bowles is said to be tight with new Falcons lead personnel man Scott Pioli, who is Bill Parcells' son in law. Bowles worked for Parcells in Dallas and Miami. Jan 12 - 1:56 PM
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In my opinion he's highly overrated he's always inherited good defenses but he's a players coach and has good ties in the NFL.

he didn't really make Vontae or Smith achieve there potential but still had a great Miami D due to personnel, Same with Cards has a pro bowler corner and stout defense.

Could be interesting. I didnt want him because I felt as dbacks coach we underachieved. He has done a good job IN az.
Was never coordinator here so hard to evaluate.
Would be a good opportunity for him.

Who knows he could possibly give Kacy Rogers his first DC job.
Outside of this season he has earned a promotion to coordinator.
He has been a defensive line coach since 2005.

He has been coaching football since 1994 and has never been a defensive coordinator.

From all reports I've seen, Bowles isn't thrilled with the idea of being in the limelight so teams like Atlanta and Oakland are more what he'd be looking for. The Falcons for the longest time were reportedly "All In" for McDaniels, but sounds like that's changing.

Back
Top Bottom