DCH comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DCH comments

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have a question. DCH stated that the phins are leaning toward keeping Jay next year over BG. I dont agree but I also dont get paid to handle a professional team. The question I have is this. The team wants to keep jay because he is more mobil and can avoid the rush when our line is crap. They also admit bg has a faster release and better deep ball. Why keep an older jay unless you dont think the line will improve? Wouldn't that be the top priority next year? If so, I assume the line would be better and the younger better passer should be retained.

I don't think DCH implied anything aboput keeping jay next season. If anything he implied that next season is completely up in the air because of the likelyhood of a coaching change. And not knowing who the new coach could be makes it impossible to know whether Jay will be back next year or not.

I think he meant that Jay is better for us now, given the state of our OLINE. Next year who knows what happens... Jay stays if he takes a pay cut, otherwise expect a lot of housekeeping with the new HC.

That make sense for this year. I cannot see any way we can improve our line until it gets overhauled. I just hope for some open competition next year. I have stated this before... I do not believe a rookie qb is the answer for this team. Any team doing that is rebuilding and we need one last push to get to the big game. Perhaps a veteran in FA would be an option also. Some that might be able to contribute for the next few years (our window of time) may include:
Couch!
Warner
Gannon
Brunell
FLUTIE:lol:
maybe others.

If the dolphins make a coaching change and that coach keeps Fiedler......

I'll know the dolphins have made a mistake in the coaching change.

What does that equate too?

I don't even think Dave would bring Fiedler back.

Yeah, the new coach will certainly bring in a FA who he feels can run his system. Most likely a Mark Brunell, but there's a chance we'll go for a younger option somewhere.

I just don't know who. Maybe AJ Feely if Philly tags him a fifth instead of a one.

I say keep Sage, dump Fiedler and Griese, grab Brunell or another established veteran out there, and draft one from a deep class of QB's.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
I say keep Sage, dump Fiedler and Griese, grab Brunell or another established veteran out there, and draft one from a deep class of QB's.

i agree. get brunell in FA , then draft the best two tackles you can. i think we should trade someone for a high draft pick. i like sam madison as my candidate. I wouldnt mind trading JT but i dont think that would go over well. i also think all the players who have been here for three years and have big contracts should restructure 15% down for the sake of the team. if you dont like it, what team would you like to play for other than this one!?:fire: its time to retool with a new coaching staff. Start with dennis green, he can draft pretty good and at least he has some balls.

Back
Top Bottom