Dch's Game Observations....searcy In Pain...looks Out Indefinately... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dch's Game Observations....searcy In Pain...looks Out Indefinately...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello To All..... I just got home from the game....and will point out some observations. I feel that the Dolphins have come a long ways...since seeing the first two debacles....but I think we still have some work to do in a couple of areas.

1. JAY FIEDLER was only in there for about 10 plays....but he made two great throws...one that was caught by ORONDE GADSDEN on a skinny post play....and one that would have and should have been caught in the end zone for a TD....but unfortunately...DEDRIC WARD dropped this one. The good news is that JAY moved the team...and did not make mistakes. He needs these next 10 days to sharpen up with all the WR's...so there is no miscommunication..but these last two games....you can see he is coming along.

2. RAY LUCAS....just continues to move this team...and he really had a great pre-season. He threw a bullet TD to Mcknight...on the run....and he also has impressed me....by throwing the ball away and not forcing balls...when no one is open. Lucas has improved so much in one off-season....its really good to see that he can go in and get the job done...if he is called upon this season.

3. SAGE ROSENFELS.....Well...you talk about an upgrade in your #3 Quarterbacks.....SAGE in one outing was better than both KUSTOK and LEVCIK combined. SAGE has only been here for one week...and took the plays and executed them very well. This is a guy that the Dolphins can bring along...and everyone around here has to think that the Dolphins current depth chart at QB....is now on solid grounds. A very good pickup for this team....and he is going to get better...under NORV.

4. FEMI A.... He got a long look tonight ....and played very well. He caught balls in the flat and ran hard. I think that this guy can play......but not at the expense of cutting DEON DYER. I am hoping that DYER does not get cut.....but I would not make any bets. I told you guys before...that it was NORV who wanted FEMI to come in here and compete.....and with this performance tonight.....this is going to make the coaches think just a little bit more about the FB backup spot.

5. DEDRIC WARD......Yes....he did not make the play from JAY in the endzone.....but after that....he caught everything else...even in traffic. WARD clearly beat out Mcknight for the slot job....and #3 reciever role. Ward plays the slot better than Mcknight....and knows how to get open in tight spaces...and that is why he is in there. And besides....he has the better hands.

6. JAMES Mcknight......His attitude has been pretty good...considering his playing time will be diminsished. He caught everything that was thrown his way tonight.,.inluding a TD...and if he is indeed our 4th WR....thats pretty darn good...I think...compared to most teams.

7. ROBERT BAKER..... I kind of feel sorry for BAKER....I really don't see how he can make this team....if he cannot contribute on special teams. I do think he will be gone....but I think this time...he plays for somebody this year.

8. AJ JOHNSON.....I think has made this team strictly as a pure special teams burner. AJ has the spark and he could take it all the way....and he can really give us that important field position. The DOlphins will keep him...and cut also.....

9. JEFF OGDEN......this is going to be one of the toughest cuts that WANNY personally has to make.....but all I can say to him....is to just get over it... and start getting use to AJ back there retutning punts.

10. THE OFFENSIVE LINE......this is a real big question mark....they are really banged up. I am very concerned about the lack of playing time...as a unit...starting together. DIXON and NAILS and WADE....could have used some more time....but could not. Will they come together and be well-oiled and ready to go against the Lions?

11. LEON SEARCY...... this is not good news at all. DREW says that this injury does not look good...and SEARCY could be out for weeks. They will have the results of an MRI taken on his right triceps....sometime tommorrow afternoon. He apparantly hurt his triceps before the game....but this is one of those painful things that just don't go away the next morning....lets hope for the best...but I think SEARCY will be out indefinately.

12. T GREG JERMAN.......If SEARCY is out for any length of time.....JERMAN should make the final roster. JERMAN has held his own out there....he needs to be developed....but his play has been rather surprising to me...for a guy...who basically was thrown into the fire...so to speak.

13. The DOlphins will probably have to cut....TROY ANDREW....the thinking that MCKINNEY can handle both center and a Guard backup title. CESARIO's versatiltiy is also a plus.....that guy PIERCE...will definately be gone...with one other.

14. ADAWEALE OGUNLEYE.....set a pre-season record 7 sacks...and the guy was just stellar all off-season. Now...the question is does he start opposite JT?

15. JAMAR FLETCHER.....was not impressive in this game....was one of the Db;s that was completely out of position on busted coverage that sent DEZ WHITE 80 yards untouched up the field for a TD. He just did not make any plays of significance in this game...and was thrown at enough to make some plays. I am very concerned that FLETCHER will cost us some big plays....and possibly some games. Many reporters will be asking WANNY this week....on his play...and the possibilities of bringing in somebody this week as well. This is a critical decision....on whether or not they go with FLETCHER or look elsewhere for help.

16. RUN DEFENSE......I am also concerned here. I see too many big holes....and opposing runners going through them. CHESTER is up and down....with his play...somtimes in position and sometimes nowhere near to make the play. BOWENS has not been in there...and could be rusty. I still do not see the outside LB's....making enough plays...either.

17. TOMMY HENDRICKS......I thought played well....and this is now a guy who can....if ZACH does go down....not embarass us. Hendricks has improved very nicely this off-season.

18. SAFETY JOBS...... I don't really know what is going to happen here. TRENT GAMBLE and JASON MOORE are battling there...where SCOTT McGarran is safe. BROCK MARION could have used some more time today...as he has not looked like himself. SHAWN WOODEN was clearly out in left field....as DEZ WHITE zipped by him.... ARTURO FREEMAN should be fine....but will the others. Just too many big plays this pre-season...given up by the DB's....and the safeties foremost.

19. SPECIAL TEAMS......big decisions with TWAN RUSSELL and JOSHUA SYMONETTE. This group looks like its coming together. Nicely executed on-side kick today...recovered by SURTAIN...who got hurt...(GROIN)...but this is not serious. MARE and ROYALS are fine......with ROYALS really doing well with the directional punting. He is not a power punter...all finessse. AJ JOHNSON and TRAVIS MINOR are your returners. This is going to be exciting with JOHNSON...back there.....hopefully.

20. LEONARD HENRY..... I think the DOlphins will have to cut him....and pray that nobody claims him off waivers. This guy can play....and the Dolphins would like to place him on the PS....but there is only two chances that he will clear waivers....slim and none.

21. HENRY TAYLOR/DARIO ROMERO/ ERNEST GRANT........If the Dolphins do not trade GRANT by the weekend....they will most likely have to cut him.. I think that HENRY TAYLOR has the slight edge over ROMERO at this point....but again....its going to be a tough call.

22. In order.....my biggest concerns are... 1. The play of the offensive line 2. The play of JAMAR FLETCHER and the safeties as well. 3. The play and stopping of the run by the DEFENSIVE TACKLES. 4. The play of JAY FIEDLER..

The Season is here... DCH

Thanks DCH..so Henry's keeper. CK would disagree with you..he does think Henry has talent and would make it to the ps...i don't apparently you don't either..but I hope we get him back..

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

20. LEONARD HENRY..... I think the DOlphins will have to cut him....and pray that nobody claims him off waivers. This guy can play....and the Dolphins would like to place him on the PS....but there is only two chances that he will clear waivers....slim and none.DCH

Of all the players that stood out in practice, Henry is the only one that has not shown it in a game. Even Marlon Barns looked better when both played in the same pre season game. Seems we are talking this guy up too much or he's a practice player??? Someone who practices great and does nothing in games.

15. JAMAR FLETCHER.....was not impressive in this game....was one of the Db;s that was completely out of position on busted coverage that sent DEZ WHITE 80 yards untouched up the field for a TD. He just did not make any plays of significance in this game...and was thrown at enough to make some plays. I am very concerned that FLETCHER will cost us some big plays....and possibly some games. Many reporters will be asking WANNY this week....on his play...and the possibilities of bringing in somebody this week as well. This is a critical decision....on whether or not they go with FLETCHER or look elsewhere for help.

i thought Shawn Wooden was badly out of position there. more so than fletcher. Safeties are the biggest worry i have. yes over teh Oline! why? cus every game we have had the safeties got badly beaten. Brock marion has been horrible and now tonight wooden did not look good at all. the safeties as a whole have sucked. i still am not worried about fletcher as much as evry one else. also have to mention that arturo freeman was way out of position a few times tonight.:fire:

Yup it was Wooden...

... Wooden had deep coverage and he blew it. Fletcher had inside coverage and he's suppose to let the WR go in that situation. I am always amazed how so many DB's screw up on one play and Fletcher is always mentioned, even when he did his job. Simply amazing.

I'm more concerned with Surtain, he has been beat like 5 times this pre-season. I have never seen Surtain get beaten off the LOS so many times. But for some reason no one mentions this.

And I believe O-Gun had 8 pre-season sacks, not 7.

Oliver...

Originally posted by finfan54

i thought Shawn Wooden was badly out of position there. more so than fletcher. Safeties are the biggest worry i have. yes over teh Oline! why? cus every game we have had the safeties got badly beaten. Brock marion has been horrible and now tonight wooden did not look good at all. the safeties as a whole have sucked. i still am not worried about fletcher as much as evry one else. also have to mention that arturo freeman was way out of position a few times tonight.:fire:

Oliver is correct,O-Gun had 8 sacks, a Dolphin pre season record.My biggest worries are O-Line depth and point#16 on DCHs' analysis,stopping the run. It's just hard to forget how it felt to watch the Ravens run through us like swiss cheese and boot us from the playoffs. I'm really pulling for Larry Chester to stand tall and tough when the games count and I want a pro bowl effort out of Bowens.We gotta SWARM to the ball. Better play from outside linebackers .The time is NOW!!!! It's ON !!!!

Yeah I agree...

... the DL has a few question marks as far as the health of the DT's go.

Oliver...

Originally posted by BSQX4
Oliver is correct,O-Gun had 8 sacks, a Dolphin pre season record.My biggest worries are O-Line depth and point#16 on DCHs' analysis,stopping the run. It's just hard to forget how it felt to watch the Ravens run through us like swiss cheese and boot us from the playoffs. I'm really pulling for Larry Chester to stand tall and tough when the games count and I want a pro bowl effort out of Bowens.We gotta SWARM to the ball. Better play from outside linebackers .The time is NOW!!!! It's ON !!!!

Which DT was in the fourth quarter when the Bears ran successfully. I thought I heard Ben Kelly??? Was that Henry Taylor and Grant?

I don't see how there's any way we can not pick up a few vets at these spots to give depth and toughness.

DT needs a big nasty run stuffer to backup...he doesn't have to be great, just a Steve Martin type who usually gets picked up around camp time, although this year he got a decent deal from the Jits.

I hope Henry clears waivers. I heard 3 carries for -3 yards last night and thought he must have sucked. But I didn't hear about his 3 catches for like 40 yards or something like that...thats pretty good. Plus I was drunk. My confidence in him making it past waivers is shaken a bit due to the game he had last night. Maybe we should have hidden him some more and just not dressed him.

Interestingly enough I think Femi A deserves a roster spot more than Henry does. I guess if Henry gets claimed he gets claimed. If not we get to keep tabs on the guy. But Femi, I would not be surprised if that stellar performance he put on wins him a spot on this roster and its interesting because Wannstedt originally was gonna roster 6 RBs and said it might be 4 tailbacks and 2 FBs or it might be 3 and 3, he was quoted as saying that. We all listened incredulously...and yet, if we're keeping 6 RBs I would say the odds are 70/30 now that it is to keep Femi on the roster, not Henry...which still seems funny to say it.

I cant think that L.Henry offers us anything that we already dont have. Travis Minor is better than Henry. If Henry makes the team, he does nothing anyway. Not sure if he is a special teamer. So Keep Femi and slide Henry on the PS. If he stays, fine, if not, oh well. 6th round pick.

From the Sentinel it looks like two likely cuts will be Henry Taylor and Shawn Draper. Baker should have made the team.

No reserve defensive tackle distinguished himself Thursday night, as Miami got pushed around against the run in the second half. Wannstedt called the competition between Dario Romero, Ernest Grant and Henry Taylor ``one of the tougher decisions on this team.'' I think Ernest Grant will stick again.

Could the Dolphins keep three fullbacks -- Ayanbadejo, starter Rob Konrad and Deon Dyer?

''Sure,'' Wannstedt said. ``We have never done that in the past. But is that a possibility? Yeah, there would be a possibility.''

This could be at the expense of a safety or CB.

when you see the game you will realize fletch is still learning and stuggles at times.

Femi makes the team ... he was so at home with this offense i really like how fluid he was as you will see.

henry played a good game ....... edwards is better and femi will make it so the kid is GONE for sure............ Henry is gone sunday.

the phins will pick up a DB , 100% gauruntee they will get one more cover guy. their is a huge drop off after sam and patrick and teams will go after the third and fourth DB for sure.

could use alittle more depth maybe one more stud on the defensive line. A big boulder like gardner or bowens to clog the middle when chester and bowens are winded. Haley has been quiet this summer but can plug the middle some.

ogden is gone. Albert johnson is fast and looked good thursday with nice moves for better field position. Ogden DID NOT HAVE A GOOD GAME AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom