DE Mario Williams likely cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE Mario Williams likely cut

timmash44

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we can't sign OV why not bring this guy in to play next to Suh. OV will likely demand 10 million a year instead of giving it to him we give that money to Mario Williams who in my mind is way better. Imagine Suh and Williams playing on the same line together. If Jordan Phillips can get his weight in check he can be a very good player next year. Then draft Shaq Lawson he will be a stud in the NFL or Myles Jack.

so again more commitment to the DL, when we need corners and LB's and OL?

I'd be on board if the price was considerably less than OV. I think OV is developing into a game changer

Didn't he check out while at Buffalo?

Dude is about to be 31, so unless it's for a fair deal, then no.

if we have to go deep in a position it has to be OL. even though I prefer an all around fix

Agreed. I've been screamin from the trees to fix the oline for a few years now. Was pissed they made zero changes last year.

not sure I want to write a big check to a "checked out" mario williams coming off his worst season as a pro...i'd like to see our money spent more effectively, and if it was mario williams or OV i'd rather re-sign OV truthfully.

Brandon Marshall had the same reputation and he transformed our team so maybe Mario can mature in a new situation but I wouldn't touch him.

I'd try to sign Williams AFTER we shore up the line, the LBing corp and the DBs. That's only if we can't retain Vernon.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Brandon Marshall had the same reputation and he transformed our team so maybe Mario can mature in a new situation but I wouldn't touch him.

Go Tarheels. Just had to say that. Oh, and Braves!

If it gets him off of tannrhills back I'm for it. He gave tannehikl his worst hit to date. But his contact needs to be way less than it currently is.

I still say like I have been saying since forever.Fix the o-line first.Its been in need of repair for a long time.

just what we need, another overpaid free agent

Back
Top Bottom