DE Mohamed Kamara | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE Mohamed Kamara

Wasn't that the same reason Vikings hall of fame pass rusher, John Randle was drafted in 6th rd too? He was undersized but like you said, it's the fight in the guy and chip on his shoulder. Randle, definitely had that motor and chip on his shoulder and was evident from his play. I'm not saying kamara will be anything like Randle, but it's good that he has that spirit in him as it's what players who are seen as lacking something. What they have that allows them to make up for it and be good or great
A big heart can make up for a lack of size. We'll see. Randle was amazing.

I have read a little bit on this draft and our recent moves. The way I look at this overall is great organizations know how to add short term players to compensate for short term needs. To do this you need to create long term depth in the draft. Seems like we took a good step in these terms with the current and recent drafts. I see more teams looking to build depth to protect their cap for pressing needs on a year to year basis.

We could only hope he turns into a player like Randall.

I think he will be a very good player for us.

Bucky Brooks is high. I seriously doubt Kamara outperforms Robinson this season.

Depending on how health of Phillips and Chubb early on, I could 100% see Kamara outperforming Robinson early on and per snap. Both players have an uphill battle to be on the field. People seem to forget we gave a decent chunk to Shaq Barrett. He will get a decent amount of reps early on even with Phillips and Chubb.

Depending on how health of Phillips and Chubb early on, I could 100% see Kamara outperforming Robinson early on and per snap. Both players have an uphill battle to be on the field. People seem to forget we gave a decent chunk to Shaq Barrett. He will get a decent amount of reps early on even with Phillips and Chubb.
Nice problem. Depth..I remember that.

I think these guys would get snaps even if everyone is ready to play (doubtful).

Most teams rotate their front 4 more than we did last year under Fangio. I imagine that some of that was due to our lack of depth, but Fangio just seemed prone to running his guys into the ground. Sieler and Wilkins played so many downs, then we lost Chubb during garbage time...

I put that on Fangio... he just seemed like SUCH a stubborn bastard.

I think these guys would get snaps even if everyone is ready to play (doubtful).

Most teams rotate their front 4 more than we did last year under Fangio. I imagine that some of that was due to our lack of depth, but Fangio just seemed prone to running his guys into the ground. Sieler and Wilkins played so many downs, then we lost Chubb during garbage time...

I put that on Fangio... he just seemed like SUCH a stubborn bastard.

No doubt. Despite Barretts sack numbers coming down dramatically, he actually played the run pretty solid as of recent and reps get limited for younger guys in a rotation when you can't trust them against the run. I suspect early on Chop will get some rotation in on 100% passing situations only.

My favorite pick not gonna lie. I talked about him every week. Not even lying he was my number 5 EDGE. Getting him in the 5th is a STEAL
Lack of Size might be an issue. Bigger, more talented OLines to deal with… unless he’s playing against the Fins. Seriously, reserve judgement when he practices agains Lamm, Paul, and Jackson ( Liam, Cotton, etc)

Chop Robinson is going to be on the field a lot. He will be a part of all the pass rushing sub packages initially and probably work his way into even more snaps as the season goes forward. I can see scenarios were Kamara isn’t even active for games.

Chop Robinson is going to be on the field a lot. He will be a part of all the pass rushing sub packages initially and probably work his way into even more snaps as the season goes forward. I can see scenarios were Kamara isn’t even active for games.

We will see. You probably aren't going to see 3 pass rushers on the field at the same time a whole lot. So that would mean pulling Phillips or Chubb off the field. Doubtful hes in front of Barrett early in the year. Being on the field a lot isn't something I see early on.

We will see. You probably aren't going to see 3 pass rushers on the field at the same time a whole lot. So that would mean pulling Phillips or Chubb off the field. Doubtful hes in front of Barrett early in the year. Being on the field a lot isn't something I see early on.
I disagree about Robinson being on the field a lot. Grier already talked about how the position coaches presented to him a bunch of packages on how they plan on using him.

Back
Top Bottom