[Deadspin] The Dolphins Smashed Their Own Dicks To A Pulp, And Then Smashed Them Some More | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[Deadspin] The Dolphins Smashed Their Own Dicks To A Pulp, And Then Smashed Them Some More

meatpardle

Active Roster
Reaction score

"There is no clearer way to signal that you are the overmatched football team than to run a succession of screen passes where the recipient of the ball immediately has the flesh torn off his bones by a pack of lions. If, later, you had one single play to win the game, and, despite the above evidence, you called a screen pass, which the receiver dropped, potentially out of concern for his own safety, we would have to conclude one of two things: that you were trying to lose the game, or that you’re stupid."

giphy.gif

While I agree with the article they did not make a good case. 2 out of the 4 videos they put up would have actually gotten us the 2-point conversion. :lol: There are about "50" more videos where we failed to even cross the LOS.

It was simply the wrong play. When an entire defense is waiting in the middle for the run up the middle and then you throw a pass where the receiving player has to step towards the middle. :bobdole:

Yeah we hear you Dolphins: it worked in practice. But you also practiced against your own defense. :shrug:
And I am sure that Gesicki can walk on his own two feet in practice but come Sunday it looks different with all these scary opposition defenders out there.

Screen plays have been a bane to this franchise for too long. I'd be ok if they banned them from the playbook. I can't remember one being that successful in Miami...3 yd gain Max

Back
Top Bottom