DeAndre Hopkins declares for draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAndre Hopkins declares for draft

His 40 time will be important. With him, Terrence Williams, Allen, Tavon, Patterson, Woods and Hunter all out there, some of them have to slip into Round 2.

Don't forget about Bailey, Wheaton, Jordan Matthews as a few more names. Definitely a deep receiver class this year (at least from a college productivity and size standpoint).

Good Lord, Hopkins was a stud against one of the best defenses/secondaries in the country. His team mate, Watkins is a pimp too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tonight? He's looked good all year.
If you say so. He had five 100 yard receiving games this season before LSU and they were against Auburn, Ball State, Boston College, Georgia Tech and Duke...sorry if I wasn't impressed with that. I also saw him in a few games this year like Auburn, FSU and South Carolina so excuse me if one big game against a legit defense doesn't completely sway me.

I went to Clemson and I've seen him play more than most. If the Dolphins are looking for another OJ McDuffie in Miami this is your guy. Trade back a little in the first round and get him. He's worth it.

Hopkins played a hell of a game against LSU. He looks like someone that could get over looked and fall into the middle of round #2. I'm hopeful of a MAJOR RUN on DT, DE and OT's throughout round #1 and a RUN on CB's in the mid to late round #1 through early round #2, leaving MANY WR's possibly available at Miami's 1st pick in round #2.

I went to Clemson and I've seen him play more than most. If the Dolphins are looking for another OJ McDuffie in Miami this is your guy. Trade back a little in the first round and get him. He's worth it.

17.1 ypc and 18 TDs this year, seems a little more dynamic than McDuffie. I want a pass rusher in the first, there will a WR in the second that will do fine. Hopefully Hopkins. His hands are money.

sign me up. man the wr class is deep this year. there isnt that one stand out guy but man there are alot of quality wrs

Yeah, I guess I should have waited until after the game to rank him draft-wise. :)

I was basing his draft grade on his season stats and the depth at WR that will be coming out. Of course, if he runs a 4.3 40 at the combine all bets are off.

If you say so. He had five 100 yard receiving games this season before LSU and they were against Auburn, Ball State, Boston College, Georgia Tech and Duke...sorry if I wasn't impressed with that. I also saw him in a few games this year like Auburn, FSU and South Carolina so excuse me if one big game against a legit defense doesn't completely sway me.

Good for you. No need to get all defensive.

That said, you failed to mention that he scored a touchdown in every game this season except for one. And that one was against Furman (funny enough). I guess that didn't support your argument, though, so you decidedly chose to ignore that interesting little fact.

Eighteen receiving touchdowns and over 1400 yards. And 6/13 games (46%) 100+ receiving yards isn't a bad thing. And he just proved that he could do it without Sammy Watkins on the other side.

He has big play potential. And he has looked pretty good this year. I'd take him in the second and not apologize.

Good for you. No need to get all defensive.

That said, you failed to mention that he scored a touchdown in every game this season except for one. And that one was against Furman (funny enough). I guess that didn't support your argument, though, so you decidedly chose to ignore that interesting little fact.

Eighteen receiving touchdowns and over 1400 yards. And 6/13 games (46%) 100+ receiving yards isn't a bad thing. And he just proved that he could do it without Sammy Watkins on the other side.

He has big play potential. And he has looked pretty good this year. I'd take him in the second and not apologize.
Great for him that he scores, that's more than any of our receivers now. The fact that Sammy Watkins didn't play would mean he would get more passes thrown his way which means more opportunities...he had 20+ passes thrown his way against LSU. Quinton Patton had 21 receptions for 233 yards and 4 TDs against Texas A&M should that make him the #12 overall pick for the Dolphins at WR?

Stats are nice, they get you noticed, but I don't judge entirely on stats. If everyone was judged entirely on stats QBs like David Klingler, Timmy Chang, Case Keenum would be 1st round picks. I have no issue with DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd, but no way would I take him with the #12 overall pick.

Great for him that he scores, that's more than any of our receivers now. The fact that Sammy Watkins didn't play would mean he would get more passes thrown his way which means more opportunities...he had 20+ passes thrown his way against LSU. Quinton Patton had 21 receptions for 233 yards and 4 TDs against Texas A&M should that make him the #12 overall pick for the Dolphins at WR?

Stats are nice, they get you noticed, but I don't judge entirely on stats. If everyone was judged entirely on stats QBs like David Klingler, Timmy Chang, Case Keenum would be 1st round picks. I have no issue with DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd, but no way would I take him with the #12 overall pick.

Never advocated him at #12 and we agree there. And I'm not just using stats, I watched a good portion of the Clemson games this year (living in NC, lots of SC transplants, and lots of their games on TV).

I agree stats don't tell everything, but as I said, he has big play potential, has shown that he is durable, can catch the balls thrown his way and knows what an end zone looks like. Stats didn't tell me that. The games did.

And my point with Sammy Watkins out had nothing to do with increased targets/opportunities. It had to do with a little carpe diem. Not his fault the balls are coming his way. It would be his fault if he did nothing about it.

And just to be clear: There are many receivers that I like in this draft. DeAndre Hopkins is one. But he isn't number one. However, a second round combination of DeAndre Hopkins and Stedman Bailey wouldn't be too shabby. Nor would other receiving combos.

With all that said, measurements and speed will be important and my opinion may change.

Never advocated him at #12 and we agree there. And I'm not just using stats, I watched a good portion of the Clemson games this year (living in NC, lots of SC transplants, and lots of their games on TV).

I agree stats don't tell everything, but as I said, he has big play potential, has shown that he is durable, can catch the balls thrown his way and knows what an end zone looks like. Stats didn't tell me that. The games did.

And my point with Sammy Watkins out had nothing to do with increased targets/opportunities. It had to do with a little carpe diem. Not his fault the balls are coming his way. It would be his fault if he did nothing about it.
I live in NC, Clemson is on TV a lot here. He's a good route runner and I love that he catches the ball with his hands. He's very good at catching low throws and going down to ground to secure the pass, he uses his body well to shield the defender from the pass, he high points the ball and wins contested balls. What I don't see is a lot of separation though so I'm not sure he has that much speed. He's elusive and has good quickness but I would say he's a low 4.5's guy and his route running will have to get better for him to separate from NFL corners.

I live in NC, Clemson is on TV a lot here. He's a good route runner and I love that he catches the ball with his hands. He's very good at catching low throws and going down to ground to secure the pass, he uses his body well to shield the defender from the pass, he high points the ball and wins contested balls. What I don't see is a lot of separation though so I'm not sure he has that much speed. He's elusive and has good quickness but I would say he's a low 4.5's guy and his route running will have to get better for him to separate from NFL corners.

i have seen a lot of seperation. That is where the 18 TDs and 17+ypr come from. It is, of course, not against the best pass defenders in the country. Speed could be an issue at the next level. Sub 4.4 he is a legit WR1 for an NFL team. At 4.5 he is a WR2. At 4.6+ he is a good WR3 or possesion receiver.

Back
Top Bottom