DeAndre Hopkins traded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DeAndre Hopkins traded

ANUFan

Club Member
Reaction score
That HC in Houston needs to be fired...

You trade D.Hopkins for Arizona's David Johnson plus a 2nd and a 4th?

WTF? Dolphins Houston pick may end up being a Top 13...

Astonishing.

And bad for us, as WR was one of the positions Arizona may have considered instead of OL at #8.

This should put an end to the Trade Up for Tua conversations. If he's not there when we pick at #5, pass on a QB in this year's draft because Houston's picks are going to be high enough, when packaged with ours, to go all the way to #1 for Trevor Lawrence.

Just a terrible trade. But don't underestimate O'Brien's ability to eek out enough wins to continue to make him look viable. But the Texans are going to be a wild card contender at best, not a SB contender, and this move sets them back.

We've seen infighting between players and the FO in our own house, leading the FO to make trades that look bad just to get the locker room right. I wonder whether that played a part in HOU? Even if true, that relationship would have to be complete garbage for HOU to accept that compensation. HOU was supposed to be in win-now mode. Looks really bad for them.

This should put an end to the Trade Up for Tua conversations. If he's not there when we pick at #5, pass on a QB in this year's draft because Houston's picks are going to be high enough, when packaged with ours, to go all the way to #1 for Trevor Lawrence.

I've thought this for a long time (minus the drafting Tua part. I wouldn't even consider taking him). I wish the NFL was like the NBA in that you can defer traded picks (i.e. We would have the option to use all picks from Houston next year instead of using any this year).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom