Death of the Superstar...The media's role in public perception | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Death of the Superstar...The media's role in public perception

PYPER

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The unfortunate truth is that superstars aren't created on the football field, their created by the media.

It used to be the media's job to discover and promote talented players but now they don't discover anything and they're more interested in promoting "personalities" than talented players.

Therefore the term superstar has become meaningless.

Football was NEVER intended to a superstar dominated sport. It's the ultimate team sport. This is how it was in the beginning and this is how it is now. Nothing's changed......except the intelligence level of the media and the intelligence level of the masses which both seem to be taking a turn for the worse.

Where did all the good sportswriters go?

Hate to agree with a Patsy fan, but he's right. All these talking heads ruin sports journalism, and skew what is really happening in the sports world. It's Stuart Scott disease. I want to barf when I see Linda Cohn use the word "sick" to describe a play. As for the radio shows, the majority of the guys are complete bafoons.

Originally posted by phinman1
I want to barf when I see Linda Cohn use the word "sick" to describe a play.

or when she says "shake your tailfeatha"

God I hate her.

Back
Top Bottom