Dedric Ward gets 100 yards and a TD in Game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dedric Ward gets 100 yards and a TD in Game

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Former Miami Dolphins WR Dedric Ward got 100 yards on 5 receptions and a TD against the Bears tonight. Wish we could have seen that kind of performance as a Dolphin, preseason or not. Although he did make that awesome catch against Denver last season that set up Mare's winning kick.

Just goes to show what having a coach who actually knows how to utilize his players can do for you. :D

I would tend to agree, but he really didn't "step up" when Chambers and Gadsden went out last year, regardless if that pathetic QB Ray Lucas was playing or not.

Originally posted by beach2nd
Just goes to show what having a coach who actually knows how to utilize his players can do for you. :D

You're actually questioning Norv Turner and his offesive handeling of talent?

By the way if you don't think Turner has 100% control of his offense, you're kidding yourself.

Oliver...

Originally posted by chambers84
Although he did make that awesome catch against Denver last season that set up Mare's winning kick.

Luck, the ball went right through Mobley's(I think) hands and into his. Any decent receiver would've caught it..

Originally posted by chambers84
I would tend to agree, but he really didn't "step up" when Chambers and Gadsden went out last year, regardless if that pathetic QB Ray Lucas was playing or not.

true, cuz Ward and Lucas actually had a great game against you guys in 99

Originally posted by beach2nd

Phenomenal performance in the 4th preseason game. Pretty much an NFL Europe game.

Ward had some clutch grabs for us. Remember that 8-yard grab he made on 4th and 6 against the Raiders on that game-winning drive?? Huge play.

How about that 16-yard catch on 4th and 14 up in Buffalo?? Huge play late in the 4th. Next play, Jay throws a TD strike to Chambers in the corner.

Denver catch was clutch. With the ball changing paths that quickly, he could have easily bobbled it/bounced off his chest. Great play.

Re: Re: Dedric Ward gets 100 yards and a TD in Game

Originally posted by Peanut

Luck, the ball went right through Mobley's(I think) hands and into his. Any decent receiver would've caught it..

Yep, because when a ball gets it's angle of delivery changed and looses it's spiral and is wobbling in, those are the easiest catches to make. :rolleyes:

I tought Ward was a good pickup two years ago and he made some pretty important catches for us, but so did Gadsden and Chambers.

He didn't stand out in the crowd. He didn't prove that he was invaluable and that nobody could have done what he did, so you just try another one.

I still remember the days of McDuffie. He was invaluable...

i think muck said it best by remembering the great plays he made as a dolphin. he converted those two fourth downs: without those catches we're going two straight years with no playoffs. he's a good spot receiver but will never be an every down guy.

Actually you know what's sad. Ward started the season as our number 3 last year and he is number 4 or 5 in New England. Doesn't say much for our receivers IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom