Deep breaths, Dolphans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep breaths, Dolphans

nwskan

Rookie
Reaction score
So here we are, stunned and heartbroken yet again. It's difficult to know exactly what to make of this game; if almost beating the best team in the NFL but losing in the end is better than being soundly beaten all game; and why Gibril Wilson makes approximately 786 times my salary. Here is what I've taken from this.

1. We aren't there yet. This comes up after every loss, but I've believed this the whole season. We're on a three year plan. We didn't trade for Cribbs or Edwards or anything like that. It's good for our future that we haven't made those kinds of moves (yet). Be happy our FO has the patience that the Jets and the Redskins will never know. We're on our way to perennial contention.

2. Teddy just ain't got it. I've been a big supporter of him since day one, and everybody was certainly happy to see him shine on a big play two weeks ago; but he is being outplayed by Hartline and Camarillo. He's actually got pretty solid hands when it doesn't matter (I remember being ecstatic last year that, though our receiving corps wasn't terribly threatening, everybody could catch); but in crunch time, he just cannot be counted on. That's to say nothing of his still-awful routes. He doesn't give the defender any kind of move. He just runs to some spot on the field as fast as he can, and inevitably gets beaten by the defender.

I don't know if we should bench him; he does still get some double coverage over the top, and teams might crowd the box against the all-white allstar receiving corps of Camarillo and Hartline; but I'm beginning to fear Ginn has reached his ceiling.

3. Davis and Smith are going to be good. They weren't perfect yesterday, but they keep flashing the ability to help us on the edges for a long time. They'll definitely get some more chances to show their stuff with Will Allen out for the season; and given that I don't see us as contenders this year, I think their trial is a positive. Now if they only had some safety help over the top. Which reminds me...

4. We need a new safety like Toronto needs a certain upstate New York football team. Gibril was another botched FA signing. Who woulda thunk we'd be missing Renaldo by this point? Wilson is a complete liability back there. I'm not sure I'd want my secondary to consist of three rookies and Y. Bell... but maybe Culver can handle the calls. He's an overachiever, and he's better than Wilson right now.

5. This franchise has had a long dark age, but there's finally some light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe we squeak into the playoffs again (hey - we were 2-4 last year, too), though I'm not betting on it. Just take some deep breaths and enjoy watching our young guys develop. Save your stress and heartache for next year.

Back
Top Bottom