Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey.....errrr Samphin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey.....errrr Samphin

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Reaction score
Just some thoughts on last night's game and the team in general form yours truly...

-I think the love affair with Kendall Newsom is officially over. When he muffed that punt I think everyone at the same time said, "Cut him! ....oh yeah we can't.....Kill Him!"

-Anyone want to question who is the best qb for this team currently on the roster? I think that question was answered last night. Kudos to the fans at Joe Robbie for giving Jay a nice ovation when he came in. Very Classy and I am sure he appreciated it, although I wouldn't have blamed him if he flipped them all off either seeing how he has been treated there over the years.

-Matt Turk hates pigskin. That is the only explanation I can muster as to why he kicks the ball so damn hard and high. He absolutely murderized that ball late in the game. I didn't think it was possible to punt it out of your own endzone and go more than 30 yards!

-That last bullet just reminded how much I dislike Mark Royals.

-Ricky looked like his old self last night, which was refreshing to see. He got leveled by Lavar a few times at the goal line but he just flared out his dreads, used them as a cape and soared into the endzone.

-The young uys on the line may still be giving up pressure in the passing game, but they seem to bust some people up in the running game. They deserve at least one more start together to see if they can string back to back to back 100 yard rushing games for Ricky.

-It was good to see the Offense bail out the Defense for once.

-Mare broke out the boom stick on that 51 yarder. That thing would have been good from Tampa. One thing I noticed is that he follwed through all the way on the kick and it went straight. Someone brought up a good point that recently he has been kind of short leging it on his folllow thrugh causing it to slice. Perhaps he made a call to the finheaven board to fix his problems.

-I no longer believe that Chambers doesn't get open. Jay seemed to find him all night long when he was in.

-McKnight has a pattern which I think I figured out. He makes a good play, followed by a drop or fumble. He follows that up by making a catch for a few yards and then dropping his next one. If that is the case lets just throw him the four passe she needs to continue that cycle in the first quarter and get him off the field. :lol: :jk:

-Anyone think the screw is on again for Miami. Give us the Sunday night game before traveling to Dallas to play on three days? CONSPIRIACY! I am surprised they didn't shedule us to play again on the following sunday *** well!

-Thats all I got! Chime in with your thoughts!

How bout dem Fins!!!

I would like to see what J.R. Tolver can do...maybe Thursday?

How bad was Sam Simmons' ankle? If he's out Thursday (what a short week) that might hurt us...remember we cut C. Rogers...soo does that mean that K. Newsome would take over Punt Return duties???

The O-Line was okay last night...they started off really bad and then settled down...I think that T. Perry will play and that S. McKinney plays again...Jerman is our back-up tackle so if T. Perry is healthy...he'll be back in. S. McKinney had two false starts last night and that hurt us...we also need to stop with the dumb penalties!!! I think Seth has a mean streak in him (I love that in O-Linemen) if he could get into a rythm...and with playing time...Seth will be a beast on the Line. T. Ruddy played okay but as usual...he got pushed around quit a bit.

Oh ya and props to Turk...I agree he's been special on special teams!!!

GO FINS!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano

How bad was Sam Simmons' ankle? If he's out Thursday (what a short week) that might hurt us...remember we cut C. Rogers...soo does that mean that K. Newsome would take over Punt Return duties???

When did they cut Rogers, I must have miss it ?

I think Newsome will be cut after his costly fumble. Minor should do the returns until Simmons get back.

Newsome cannot be cut. That is what I was saying in my post. He was signed off the practice squad and NFL rules say you can't cut those players or something to that affect. Muck explains it well.

Originally posted by Samphin
-Anyone think the screw is on again for Miami. Give us the Sunday night game before traveling to Dallas to play on three days? CONSPIRIACY! I am surprised they didn't shedule us to play again on the following sunday *** well!

Yeah, I don't like the fact that we play a Sunday Night game, followed by the Thanksgiving Day game. At least it wasn't a MNF game, followed by an early Thursday game.

The flip side though, if we win, we have 10 days for the Pats game. It feels much better heading in to Dallas with an emotional win.

LET GO PHINS!!!!

I would like to see what J.R. Tolver can do...maybe Thursday?

Someone help me out here. Wasn't Tolver supposed to see "playing time" last night against Washington? I thought I remembered hearing that but never saw him last night!? Did they change their minds one Gadsen was here?

Originally posted by Samphin
Newsome cannot be cut. That is what I was saying in my post. He was signed off the practice squad and NFL rules say you can't cut those players or something to that affect. Muck explains it well.

Great thread!

A team can cut a player signed off the PS because the 'Fins just did it last week with Alphonso Roundtree to make room for Gadsden. Roundtree was signed off the PS when Charlie Rogers was cut and was cut and (I believe) re-signed to the PS last week.

Great post ... at least McKnight redeemed himself by grabbing the last punt muff by the 'Skins.

I think the rule only applies if you sign a player off of ANOTHER TEAM'S practice squad.

Great post Samphin. Cannot argue with any of the things you mentioned/posted.

McK did drop a ball let's not forget he also ran 80 yards for a TD :D

If McK could be more consistent with his hands he'd be great. I still like the idea of giving him more playing time.

I don't remember but did DT catch anything Sunday?

Btw, did anyone manage to get hit with those towels? :tongue:

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I don't remember but did DT catch anything Sunday?
I know he caught at least 2 passes after Fiedler came in.

Back
Top Bottom