Defense!!! Defense!!! Defense!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense!!! Defense!!! Defense!!!

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
This game tonight is huge for the Phinz defense. If our DL can get solid pressure on B. Favre from the beginning, we can win this game....

I'm willing to predict a short night for Favre as well. If he gets popped by JT real good one time, he'll be on the bench the rest of the night, and that will be a huge advantage for the Phinz....

The ground attack for Green Bay must be limited as well. If A. Green starts tearing off chunks of yardage, we'll be in trouble. Our run defense is very questionable IMO. We've played great at times, and very poor at others. The Phinz consistancy at run stopping hasn't been there just yet, and AG is one of the best in the league. He must be limited if we plan oin walking out of Lambeau with a win....

The R. Lucas factor will also make a difference. If he plays smart tonight, and makes better decisions throwing the ball, we'll have a shot. He could win or lose this game as well.....It's a scary thought.

I don't expect the Phinz to win tonight, but I didn't expect us to beat the Broncos either.....

I think the Packers are stupid to start Favre at this point in the season. They are well ahead of everyone in their division right now, and being that this isn't a conference game, I think sitting him tonight is the smart to do. The Packers have very little to gain starting Favre tonight. At the same time, if he gets hurt, the Packers season is in seriuos jeopardy.....

Is the possibility of losing your franchise QB, in basically a meaningless game, worth the risk????.....

Weighing the options, starting Favre is a mistake IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

:evil:

"I'm willing to predict a short night for Favre as well. If he gets popped by JT real good one time, he'll be on the bench the rest of the night"...Only if JT goes for his bad knee.

"I think the Packers are stupid to start Favre at this point in the season. They are well ahead of everyone in their division right now, and being that this isn't a conference game, I think sitting him tonight is the smart to do. The Packers have very little to gain starting Favre tonight. At the same time, if he gets hurt, the Packers season is in seriuos jeopardy.....

Is the possibility of losing your franchise QB, in basically a meaningless game, worth the risk????"...

Favre is fine. He has been practicing, and while he won't be able to run as much (he'll wear a brace), his knee has healed ahead of schedule and there is not much risk of injuring it more (unless he takes a direct hit to it, but that could happen any week). If there was a big risk to playing Favre, Sherman would bench him. Players and coaches have said that Favre looked like his old self in practice on Saturday, and will be fine to play tonight. As far as this game not meaning anything. I've said it many times; The Packers are not playing for the division anymore, they pretty much have that locked. They are playing for homefield advantage in the playoffs, therefore EVERY game is important.

our DL has played great in every game except the KC game so I expect nothing less from them tonight. I would expect this game to be a little like the Indy and Bills games from a run D perspective, in that we will try to contain and hassle Favre as our #1 objective that will let Green get some yards between the 20's. As long as we keep Favre from throwing TDs we will be OK on D.

On O, I cannot think of anything positive I would state other than Run Ricky Run!

Dolphins Defense has been playing great lately and on primetime they play at a higher level.Dolphins can go up there and beat an overated Green Bay team if Lucas plays smart game.All he needs to do is not force the ball and if not there take off run.If he can do that there no doubt the Fins could take this one.

Nothing about Green Bay is over rated to me. Farve makes that team good, no matter who else is on it.

Originally posted by minus
Dolphins can go up there and beat an overated Green Bay team if Lucas plays smart game.

please explain to me what or who is overated for Green Bay?

Originally posted by WisconsinFan

B. Favre
A. Green
B. Franks
etc.
etc.

Yeah, those guys are mediocre at best.....

:lol:

I think that was just a post from a fired up fan.
Everyone here knows the Pack....especially at home aren't overrated. Fins have to play above their A game tonight!
It can be done but it wont be easy!

Some of the expert believe Green Bay is the best team in NFC and is in top3 ...Green Bay is a good team but not in the top five in my opinion..They can easily be 4-3 right now if you look back at the first three games.Green Bay divison opponents are all mediocre making it easy for Green Bay to accumulate a good record by the end season..Your defense has been mediocre (especially run D) but you guys have talent to be good defensive team.

i cant speak for this guy, but i think that green bay is a bit overrated. not totally overrated. what i mean by that is that they are rated #2 or #3 or even #1 in some polls, but has green bay really beat anyone into submission? i give you new england at new england, but so much goes into the way things play out week in and week out that this is really kind of a joke. noone is really better than the other until they get out on the field and prove it. then they have to keep humble and keep going and not let there heads get to them. but anything can happen. just like our QB going down. all of a sudden, we are like #10. that can change in a hurry. just like buffalo sucks in a hurry. now they have to go on the road and play tough teams the rest of the way. but as far as the green bay packers, they are in a easy division right now and they really havent shown anyone they are dominating. that is what i mean by being overrated. it is not like a strong statement of being overrated, it means a team like miami can come in there and win big if they set there minds and game plans to it.

This game will be very close if Favre can play like he is at least 80 percent. If not we win.

Phins will need ball control. We need to keep Favre and Co. off the field or our defense will get worn down. The Traitors D was on the field I think for the last 48 minutes (I know thier all old) yesterday. Ran out of gas.

Back
Top Bottom