Defense ranked 30th pass yrds/game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense ranked 30th pass yrds/game

PhinFan4Ever

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that our pass yrds/game is deceptive? Our D is ranked 30th in pass yrds/game at 245.5, which is worse than the Jags D at 234.0.

I personally think our secondary is better than that. I think they will step up this week and show everyone that they are still Pro Bowl players.

Heh. If that ranking is correct, that is one of the most deceptive stats I've ever seen. The last two games, our pass D has been lights-friggin' out.

Despite the bad stats I don't think that teams facing us think that we have a bad passing defence.

Miami has one the best secondaries in football and the last 2-3 games they have create a lot of turnovers because teams were forced to throw the ball more. Like Dolphan39 said it's more a statement about their strong run D than a weak pass D.

Concentrate on the important stuff.

Our defense is allowing 10.25 points per game. If you toss out the Houston game as an abomination, then the defense has been allowing more like 7 points a game over the past 3 games.

The D is lights out awesome. The best defense in the league. Vinny Testeverde tossed the ball all over the Ravens defense the year they won the super bowl...he had like 500 yards or something. Yet it didn't bring the Jets much closer to winning that game, and the Ravens had one of the best defenses in league history

Honestly, most of those yards came from weeks 1 and 2. And look at the Giants game. We were up 23-10, of course they went on a passing frenzy.

Chambers Dwayne actually had 4 blocks..That Mofo is going to be great. I think he will have a better rookie year than LeBron..

A lot of these yards come in the 4th quarter when teams are trying to play catchup.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Honestly, most of those yards came from weeks 1 and 2. And look at the Giants game. We were up 23-10, of course they went on a passing frenzy.

Exactly right. And we are #1 in points allowed and #1 in red zone defense. I will gladly take an 80 yard passing drive that results in 0 or even 3 pts vs a time consuming and energy draining rushing drive. Which brings up my other point. The offense is #5 in time of possession. Our O is keeping our D fresh and keeping the other offense off the field. One of the main reasons that Dan Marino had those 40+ 4th quarter comebacks is that we could never control the flow of the game. Now we can count on a 6+ minute scoring drive and our D in the 4th to seal a victory. Not the easiest thing for us to watch, but a win is a win.

we are 3-1. this stat doesn't mean much, other than we have had leads in games, and have laid off on being too aggressive. When any team has a lead in the 4th Like we did vs Jets, Buffalo, Giants, the other team passes every down/play for 2-3 straight drives, of course that stat is going to rise. We are 3-1, allow the fewest points, and that's the most important thing.

MIAMI RULES!!

We have one of the best secondarys in the NFL. But if O-gun or Jason don't get a pass rush theres not a secondary in the Nfl that will do well. This team has always relyed on the DE's for a pass rush if that ain't happening were in trouble.

I agree this is a very misleading stat. We are tied with 4 other teams for #1 in passing TD's allowed and tied for 4th in INT's.

That sounds pretty lights out to me!

Back
Top Bottom