Defense sucks too? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense sucks too?

well, i think with zach and surtain out, we found out how good those guys are. those are keepers. zach simply knows how to play football. i think our defense is fine as long as we get some coaching and get some money back from them(players).

It sounds kind of scary to me that missing 2 of our veteran probowl from our defense made that much of a difference against the Titans.

If anyone thinks they made the difference in giving up 24 points on defense against the Titans, our defense then looks great when playing teams that are under .500. Here is some food for thought.

When NE played Tenn earlier in the season their defense was decimated with injuries. NE won by a score of 38-30, and they had something like 6 of their defensive starters out.

They gave up 30 points!....

"HOW MANY POINTS WOULD WE HAVE GIVING UP WITH 6 OF OUR STARTER ON DEFENSE MISSING?

This Defensive unit was intimidated Sunday. It showed by the way they tackled or tried to tackle. Their oponents broke many tackles for YAC, and its was only the middle of the 2nd quarter, they were not tired yet.

How many times did anyone see the Titans get to the first down marker after making contact with our D players...

Don't tell me it was coaching either. Why? Because our defense plays SOOO GOOD against teams with loosing record.

Let's see how they do against Baltimore they are 3-3.

The players and coaches need to get this ship turned around soon...

GOOO FFIIINZ!

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen.. This defense was amazing all year log and they struggled in one game.. It was bound to happen and most of us here knew Miami would lose games against good teams because the offense is non-existant and the defense was bound to play a bad game..

This defense had Miami set to win 7 or 8 games this year out of the 9 already played thats how dominant they played allowing 12 points per game before the Titans game took place.. I do not know what will go on with the defense, but I'm sure Bob Stoops will make this team better. :D

Rude, I know the D has keept us in games and they had a real bad one Sunday. IMO and observation they have given up an average of 353 yds in 7 out of 9 games (not counting Bills, and SD) We saw this since the Houston game with poor tackling and giving up a lot of YAC again. It's definitely a trend, hope it doesn't get worse.

The current stats on our D is...

# 2 in against ppg.
# 2 against the run.
# 15 Total defense.
# 27 against the past (315 yds/g)

Thank God that were not letting them in the endzone as much, but sooner or later teams will find a way to get there.

You read some of their postgame comments blaming the offense for not scoring points but finding excuses when points are scored on them.

It's not goint to take long (God forbid) for opposing Os getting their TDs since they have been getting their yards. I hope I am wrong...

Stoops, huh... :lol:

I am not giving up on them!

We shouldn't be #15 in total defense with the guys we have on D and a back like Ricky Williams running the offense.

It just shows that the D is always on the field because of the lack of production of the offense.

"It just shows that the D is always on the field because of the lack of production of the offense."

And, also because they can't stop anyone.

Originally posted by scotgif
And, also because they can't stop anyone.

I see it differently. I believe that the defense can stop other team's offense, but they get tired as hell when our Offense gives the ball right back.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
We shouldn't be #15 in total defense with the guys we have on D and a back like Ricky Williams running the offense.

It just shows that the D is always on the field because of the lack of production of the offense.

But it can be agrued that the D doesn't help their own cause much either. When we pin them deep in their end of the field, we just let them march 80 yds down the field b4 we stop them or force the TO. but when we're pinned deep, it's 3 and out. If our D forced more 3 and outs, they wouldn't be on the field as long, each time. They may make more trips out there but they'd have more breaks, albeit short ones, in between.

Originally posted by Phinguy
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ov11,0,320052.column?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

It's always bad when you start getting team leaders questioning the coaching. I think we're headed into a downward spiral.

So with all the talk about taking care of offense in the offseason, what about the defense? According to this article we're gonna need to think about that.

What do you guys think?

What else are the players going to say when things are not going right? Sorry though, I don't but some of it. I see players in position by scheme to make plays, but the players are choking.

Originally posted by DeDolfan

But it can be agrued that the D doesn't help their own cause much either. When we pin them deep in their end of the field, we just let them march 80 yds down the field b4 we stop them or force the TO. but when we're pinned deep, it's 3 and out. If our D forced more 3 and outs, they wouldn't be on the field as long, each time. They may make more trips out there but they'd have more breaks, albeit short ones, in between.

Are you watching the same games I am? Besides the Indi and Tennessee games, where each team had 1 long drive, I don't remember any other team having long sustained drives this season. The opponent has usually scored when the offense gave them the ball in our territory after a turnover or BAD punt (when Royals was here).

You're right but you can't base a season on a few drives.

The Fins D has done his job, but the offense can't get first down, so they have to go back after 3-4 plays. They stop them on 4-5 plays. Go back after 3-4 plays. Stop them on 4-5 plays. Go back after 3-4 plays. Give a long drive. Go back after 3-4 plays.

See where I'm going ?

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Are you watching the same games I am? Besides the Indi and Tennessee games, where each team had 1 long drive, I don't remember any other team having long sustained drives this season. The opponent has usually scored when the offense gave them the ball in our territory after a turnover or BAD punt (when Royals was here).

Sure am. being 2nd in points allowed but 15th in total yds tells me that there have been numerous long drives against us this yr, albeit not many scoring ones.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

You're right but you can't base a season on a few drives.

The Fins D has done his job, but the offense can't get first down, so they have to go back after 3-4 plays. They stop them on 4-5 plays. Go back after 3-4 plays. Stop them on 4-5 plays. Go back after 3-4 plays. Give a long drive. Go back after 3-4 plays.

See where I'm going ?

Yup, same as where i went !! ;)

Sure am. being 2nd in points allowed but 15th in total yds tells me that there have been numerous long drives against us this yr, albeit not many scoring ones.

Sorry DeDolphan, did not want to really add more gloom but, you forgot to mention the stat for the PASS AGAINTS ranking, they are a reflection of their passing defense...the currents stats shows:

MIA as # 27 ranking against the pass (234 yds per game), with opponents completing 62.2 % of the passes.

Tenn as # 31 ranking against the pass (242 yds per game), with opponents completing 61.7% of the passes.

MIA has been consistanlty at the lower end of this ranking (26-29)since the first game this year...

You figure somehow their opponents will start denting that armor and crack it open, like they have done to stop our running game.

I just hope they continue their hold, on points allowed ranking. We were at # 1 @ 11 ppg, now were at # 2 @ 15.7 ppg ( NE #6-17.2, Buff #7-17.6, INDI #10-19)...

Balt is # 4 against the pass 175.9 ypg, # 8 against the run with 93.7 ypg, # 17 against scoring with 20.7 ppg, and this one might hurt this Sunday #2 Total defense with 269.6 total yds per game.

14 TD's were given by the defense (5 rushing, 7 passing, and 2 on INT from our Offense: Yes the INT scores count against our defense)....

I will be praying for them!

GOOO FFIIINZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom