Defense sucks too? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defense sucks too?

Our defense has given up 12 TD's in 9 games.. Pretty darn good if you ask me..

Don't forget about the San Diego 1 yard TD DRIVE after Ricky fumbled...
or
The Giants 6 yard TD DRIVE on another fumble by the offense..

The most important thing is that Miami is not giving up many points and thats all you can ask for..

Miami allows 3 yards per rush attempt.. Best in NFL.. So teams are forced to pass to get yards on Miami.. I do agree about the missed tackles, that needs to stop in order to get the offense more attempts ot get something going.. But do not blame this defense for Miami's record or do not label this defense as "Sucks" they've been doing their job and some by setting up points for the offense to go for..

This defense is not done yet.. I'm confident they have their best games to play in the season..

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Yup, same as where i went !! ;)

Actually, i was only trying to scratch the surface a little to make a point and am aware of what you said. Because of those 3s, I'm not very optimistic for Sunday. the only good thing in our favor this week is that apparently, Wannstedt went off a little on the players after the tenn game. We'll see if it's too little or too late come Sunday.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Our defense has given up 12 TD's in 9 games.. Pretty darn good if you ask me..

Don't forget about the San Diego 1 yard TD DRIVE after Ricky fumbled...
or
The Giants 6 yard TD DRIVE on another fumble by the offense..

The most important thing is that Miami is not giving up many points and thats all you can ask for..

Miami allows 3 yards per rush attempt.. Best in NFL.. So teams are forced to pass to get yards on Miami.. I do agree about the missed tackles, that needs to stop in order to get the offense more attempts ot get something going.. But do not blame this defense for Miami's record or do not label this defense as "Sucks" they've been doing their job and some by setting up points for the offense to go for..

This defense is not done yet.. I'm confident they have their best games to play in the season..

True, but however, the tDs are becoming a little more frequent of late tho. The overall avg is good but we were great early on and slipping lately and that's not a good trend.
If the D was that good/great, it wouldn't give up all the yds it does even tho they give up few points. When we have a punt inside the 20, we can't hardly ever pin them down in there like teams usually do to us. if they did, then our O would have a shorter field to work with and maybe able to put another 3 pts up per gm maybe. They were better at that earlier on also but haven't done it much lately hence our horrible O has gotten "horribleler"! But that may have alot to do with the competition lately as well. We've dropped 3 in a row, all to winning teams i might add. Starting the season, we went 5-1, all against losing teams. What's that tell ya? Well, it tells me that our D ain't all that when it really counts the most. IMO, it's time to even out the cap $$$ a little next yr. This route ain't getting us nowhere, but fast tho!

OUr defense is losing the field position battle for an already weak offense. Granted we dont give up alot of points but we must have one of the worst starting field positions in the league.

Back
Top Bottom