Defensive Scheme and Fletcher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Defensive Scheme and Fletcher

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
One thing nobody has mentioned has been the long-awaited demotion of Jamar Fletcher. By eliminating the weakest link on our defense we were able to play a press coverage again and blitz Bledsoe in to submission.

It's critical not to overlook the importance of sitting Fletch. Our defense is much stronger without that liability in the game and the breakdows will be limited. After Fiedler threw that pick I had visions of a streaking Moulds breaking an 80 year catch to win the game. That vision did not become a reality because we had no glaring holes on D and were able to play aggressively, even when Buffalo was in its 2 minute drill.

I think the Fletcher experiment is over.

The Texans and David Carr did us a favor seeking him out in game one. It didn't matter who he was covering David Carr was looking for Fletcher's man.

I think it showed on film enough to finally get it through DW's head (and mine I might add)......

the flip side of that is a major kudos for Rick and Wanne for getting T Buck back into the fold or we would have no choice but to play Fletcher

Still hard to believe that one of the best college CBs ever could suck so badly and injuries are not a factor

What are we gonna get for him.......a water boy. He sucks and the rest of the league knows it.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Still hard to believe that one of the best college CBs ever could suck so badly and injuries are not a factor

This very question has been baffling me for years now. Why does Jamar Fletcher suck so bad? Is it technique, lack of confidence, completely wrong scheme (they played zone against Houston and he still got picked on), lack of football smarts, what? Does anyone, including Jamar or his moronic agent/brother, know why he plays so poorly on game day?

Back
Top Bottom