Deion Branch on ESPN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deion Branch on ESPN

MNFINFAN

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watching the draft special, wow what a humble guy, man he wins MVP in the Super Bowl and he says 'yes sir' to salisbury and calls Mel Kiper Mr. Kiper. Thats the type of player I want, talented, humble (Jerry Rice anyone), team first, respectful and plays his heart out.

Though he is a PAT I really wished he was a Phin.

Man I keep forgetting to watch this damn show!

Yeah, I don't know what he was drafted, but I know it wasn't high, he might have been 7th, i know that team has an undrafted player. Anyway, Anyone hear him crying for a pay raise. Super Bowl MVP, Super Bowl ring, his Boy Tom getting paid, I haven't heard him say anything. And then you got TO on CNN, crying because his 7 year 49 million dollar deal isn't enough. Be it that the contract isn't structured the way it should be, he isn't calling to re-structure, he wants more money. Leave it to the Pats, you got to hate them, I do hate them, but you also have to say, man, I admire them.

Watch on Thurs. They are running a mock draft.

I know what you mean MNFINFAN, watching this guy I couldnt believe how much I liked him especially considering he is a patriot. The very sight of most Patriot players makes me want to puke but this guy was just so likeable.

MNFINFAN said:
Just watching the draft special, wow what a humble guy, man he wins MVP in the Super Bowl and he says 'yes sir' to salisbury and calls Mel Kiper Mr. Kiper. Thats the type of player I want, talented, humble (Jerry Rice anyone), team first, respectful and plays his heart out.

Though he is a PAT I really wished he was a Phin.

A pro athlete that's a gentleman, there's something you dont see every day.

Yeah, I don't know what he was drafted, but I know it wasn't high, he might have been 7th, i know that team has an undrafted player. Anyway, Anyone hear him crying for a pay raise. Super Bowl MVP, Super Bowl ring, his Boy Tom getting paid, I haven't heard him say anything. And then you got TO on CNN, crying because his 7 year 49 million dollar deal isn't enough. Be it that the contract isn't structured the way it should be, he isn't calling to re-structure, he wants more money. Leave it to the Pats, you got to hate them, I do hate them, but you also have to say, man, I admire them.

Deion Branch was a second round pick. I think you are talking about Givens who was picked in 7th round. Both were good value though. I did not like Branch taunting the Steelers fans by waving a towel at them, but otherwise he has been nothing but polite.

Damn I wish I payed my bill this month so I could watch cable LOL. Yea, I agree that Branch seems like a nice guy ( Ive heard him interviews a few times since the SB). Honestly, as much as I hate them I must admit that the Patriots tend to have high character guys on their team. Im hoping Saban is similar to Belichek in that way. Character and mental toughness are extremely underrated intangibles when it comes to the draft and the Patriots have won so much because thats what they look for when they draft people.

Branch has a lot of class and regards others with respect. I appreciate that. It's true that the Pats have a lot of class.

Branch was the 65th overall 2nd rounder and I was so glad to hear his name called as I saw a few gms of him at Louisville and knew he would be great at the next level.. He also was really polite on the Leno show right after the sb this yr, calling Jay yes sir.......

Branch led the Patriots in 2003 with 57 receptions and 803 receiving yards, with both figures establishing career highs.
Branch was the leading receiver in Super Bowl XXXVIII, grabbing 10 passes for 143 yards and a touchdown as the Patriots defeated the Carolina Panthers. Branch’s 143 yards set a Patriots postseason record and established a career high. His 10 receptions tied the Patriots’ postseason single-game record (Jermaine Wiggins, 01/19/02).

Branch’s 10 receptions in Super Bowl XXXVIII were tied for the second most in Super Bowl history, one behind the record of 11 catches, shared by Dan Ross (XVI) and Jerry Rice (XXIII).

Branch gained a first-down on 70.2 percent of his catches in 2003 (40 first downs on 57 receptions). He was a particular threat on third down, finishing sixth in the AFC in third-down receiving (24 rec, 362 yds, 2 touchdowns).

During his rookie season in 2002, Branch finished second among AFC rookies with 43 receptions and third with 489 yards receiving despite missing the final three games due to injury.

Branch earned Rookie of the Month honors for September, 2002 after recording 28 receptions for 309 yards and two touchdowns.

Branch established his career high for receptions with 13 catches against the San Diego Chargers (09/29/02). It tied the second highest single-game reception total by a rookie wide receiver in NFL history. Wide receiver Don Looney established the mark of 14 catches on Dec. 1, 1940. It also tied the second-highest reception total by a Patriot, equaling the mark set by Terry Glenn on Oct. 3, 1999.

Branch also led all AFC rookies and finished sixth among all AFC kickoff return men with a 24.0-yard average in 2002.

FireWrongstedt said:
You didn't miss anything today. I don't think they mentioned the 'Phins at all.

Thx I feel better. :D

KillerJosh373 said:
Damn I wish I payed my bill this month so I could watch cable LOL. Yea, I agree that Branch seems like a nice guy ( Ive heard him interviews a few times since the SB). Honestly, as much as I hate them I must admit that the Patriots tend to have high character guys on their team. Im hoping Saban is similar to Belichek in that way. Character and mental toughness are extremely underrated intangibles when it comes to the draft and the Patriots have won so much because thats what they look for when they draft people.

I agree I hope Saban picks the same type as BB, though the whole NE organisation has turned around from Owner down through the players and with our owner who is another fair guy and hands off enough and a BB clone in Saban we have a very good chance to duplicate their type of team, would be nice to duplicate their success too.

Back
Top Bottom