Dennis Green On Ronnie Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dennis Green On Ronnie Brown

dougfinsfan72

Scout Team
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dennis Green the coach for the Arizona Cardinals says he hasn't seen anybody on film run over so many people since Walter Peyton. WOW! If that's true, in addition to his speed, quickness, and receiving skills, added with more experience and professional coaching on reading his blocks, this #2 pick just gets more and more difficult.

Let's just trade out of this darn #2 and pick up an additional 1st rounder, it'll save some of our brain cells.

I think for trade value, the Dolphins, if they don't trade out of the #2 pick, will select in this order if they are available:
1. Alex Smith
2. Braylon Edwards
3. Ronnie Brown
4. Caddillac Williams

ESPN MOCK DRAFT had Mike Williams going around number 20 or 25. Was it me or did Kiper seem really pissed about them letting Williams drop so far, seeing that he has him #1 on his board?

You guys watch out for Troy Williamson WR from South Carolina, he beat out Braylon Edwards and some other receivers at the College Football Allstar Skills Challenge a few months ago. In the receiving (catching) drills where you relied on your hands, hand-eye coordination, jumping ability, and reaction he was the best of the bunch. Not to mention that he is the fastest or second fastest receiver in the draft. On ESPN Hoage, I believe, said at the end of the play where the DBs usually gain on the WR, he just seperates even farther in taking it to the house.
 

DNY

Active Roster
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
599
Reaction score
0
Not really a blessing for a RB though. I mean it's one thing to run over people in college quite another to try it in the NFL. Also if that is his style how long will he hold up.
 

UltraDol-Fan

The Id
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
5
Location
Texas
dougfinsfan72 said:
You guys watch out for Troy Williamson WR from South Carolina, he beat out Braylon Edwards and some other receivers at the College Football Allstar Skills Challenge a few months ago. In the receiving (catching) drills where you relied on your hands, hand-eye coordination, jumping ability, and reaction he was the best of the bunch.

I think I watched this, and it was only because the quartback that was throwing to Edwards threw one like 3 yards behind him and he couldn't catch it.
 

eddie4fins

Pro Bowler
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Endicott, NY
DNY said:
Not really a blessing for a RB though. I mean it's one thing to run over people in college quite another to try it in the NFL. Also if that is his style how long will he hold up.

Running over people is running over people, one thing that never changes in football its always better to deliver the blow than to take it!
 

DNY

Active Roster
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
599
Reaction score
0
I think that's the greatest factor in why players flop. People think that, such as running people over is running people over, and think that players can just transfer what made them successful in college to the NFL.
 

eddie4fins

Pro Bowler
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Endicott, NY
DNY said:
I think that's the greatest factor in why players flop. People think that, such as running people over is running people over, and think that players can just transfer what made them successful in college to the NFL.

Must be you never saw Walter Payton finish a play! when a running back has the ball he doesnt always have the opportunity to get out of bounds so a stiff arm or forearm hitting the defender are better than getting hit yourself, And YES HITTING does translate from college to the Pros! you sound very naive.
 

DNY

Active Roster
Joined
Jul 26, 2002
Messages
599
Reaction score
0
Naive, LOL. Yeah I can say I watched Sweetness, and Csonka and a whole slew of other power backs that you probably haven't heard of. Thanks for the single example, really just goes to prove my point which was that running over someone in college shouldn't be used as a RB's top asset. That wasn't Payton's greatest asset so I don't think the comparison is valid but I gave you another one anyway. Brown's greatest assets are his power and speed, great athelete, might prove to be a great RB. I just think that if running over people on the college level is this guys greatest skill maybe people should step back and question a bit.
 

eddie4fins

Pro Bowler
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Endicott, NY
DNY said:
Naive, LOL. Yeah I can say I watched Sweetness, and Csonka and a whole slew of other power backs that you probably haven't heard of. Thanks for the single example, really just goes to prove my point which was that running over someone in college shouldn't be used as a RB's top asset. That wasn't Payton's greatest asset so I don't think the comparison is valid but I gave you another one anyway. Brown's greatest assets are his power and speed, great athelete, might prove to be a great RB. I just think that if running over people on the college level is this guys greatest skill maybe people should step back and question a bit.

You just completely reworded your whole statement!
 

dougfinsfan72

Scout Team
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL
How long did Walter hold up for? Besides with the salary cap noweadays, realistically you can only expect a player to be with your team for 3-5 years max before he either signs with another team, is traded, or cut for salary cap reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the most out of them while you have them. Let their new team worry about how long they are going to hold up for!!
 

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
15,357
Reaction score
150
Dennis Green is the most overrated and worst coach out there. Anything he says I ignore because he is a fool who has no clue about anything
 

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Miami
The samething what said about Ron Dayne another straight line runner like Dayne.
 
Top Bottom