Denver-Cleveland Trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Denver-Cleveland Trade?

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Haha @ Denver trying to become the cleveland browns :roflmao:

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Denver Broncos are in serious talks with the Cleveland Browns about acquiring DE Ebenezer Ekuban (shoulder, knee) for RB Reuben Droughns. Both sides are also discussing appropriate draft choice compensation for 2006 should Ekuban not return to full strength in time for the season. Ekuban recently underwent knee and shoulder surgery, but if he is able to pass the Broncos' physical, both teams could just agree to the player-for-player swap without any stipulations.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

I love how the Denver oline creates someone out of nobody and then they get good players in return. Champ Bailey being the first

Well i really dont think Droughns would all that much help for the Browns, yes he looked good in Denver, but who doesnt? While Denver already lost one starting DE and its shopping Trevor Pryce so that would not be a bad trade for Denver, but I think Cleveland would not get much out of it.

FinaticPatch said:
I love how the Denver oline creates someone out of nobody and then they get good players in return. Champ Bailey being the first

Ummmmm, hold on a second here. While it may be true that a lot of Denver's running backs are a product of the system, Clinton Portis is NOT. He was a stud well before he put on a Broncos uniform.

DolphinzD said:
Ummmmm, hold on a second here. While it may be true that a lot of Denver's running backs are a product of the system, Clinton Portis is NOT. He was a stud well before he put on a Broncos uniform.

Yea, every NFL RB was a stud in college.

Clinton Portis isn't nobody. Neither was Terrell Davis. A good offensive line can make an average back look good - or a mediocre back look better than average - but it can't work miracles. Derrick Blaylock sometimes looks like he can run behind KC's line, but he won't do much anywhere else. The same goes for a bad offensive line - Lee Suggs, on the other hand, could have a huge season somewhere if he wasn't stuck in Cleveland. Willis McGahee and Domanick Davis are good, but they need better offensive lines to have awesome seasons. It's very tough to do on talent alone. Jim Brown and Barry Sanders didn't have dominating lines. Payton had excellent blocking and great fullbacks, but at the same time I've seen Payton break 5 or 6 tackles in a single run.

Reuben Droughns isn't particularly good. He averaged 4.5 yards per carry - having big games against the run defenses of Carolina, Oakland, and New Orleans. The rest of his season was rather pedestrian if recognizable at all. He fumbles a lot.

The Broncos are smart to try and trade him, because they have a back with actual talent (Tatum Bell) and are trying to get rid of the extremely inflated and overvalued Droughns.

DolphinzD said:

Compare his numbers from Denver to his numbers at washington and then come back and chat with me.

Portis played like a normal RB last season. He played great in the 1st game but after that it went down hill. He was doing so bad Gibbs even said he might bench him if he doesnt start to do better.

Now the Broncos have 3/4 Browns DL from last year. The Browns are horriable on the run last yera but still the Broncos dont care. I thought the Broncos want to get better on defense not worse.

The Broncos got Tatum Bell and Quentin Griffin so this trade makes sense. Bell came on strong at the end of the season and has a bright future. I like this trade for the Broncos. I have a feeling that Droughens is just another Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson!

Back
Top Bottom