Deon Dyer Possible Spy for Opener? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deon Dyer Possible Spy for Opener?

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
I'm not sure if many or some of you might understand my rationality for this, but this is one way it might be...

The Houston Texans, 2nd year expansion team, will try to do whatever it takes to do better than a 4-12 record from last year to prove to the front office and fans that they are moving up. Understanding they play the Dolphins in the opener, why not pick up a guy the fins are trying to release who has been practicing with the team the last 3 years like Dyer has? Despite being a back-up, Dyer (like all players) has been in the film rooms with the coaches and players going over plays and tactics, Dyer has been taught our plays and offensive system, Dyer knows some play signals, and Dyer knows some fins weaknesses.

Considering the Texans will only give the fins a 7th round pick IF Dyer remains on the Texans roster is a clear sign that they may just sit him down and tell him to discuss "a bit" of the fins setups and plays, with the intent of never putting him on the main roster! Could it be that the Texans outmanuevered the Fins and used Dyer as a Snitch??

:eek2:

ps. And why get excited about a conditional 7th rd pick? We'll just end up picking up another Deon Dyer if not worse, IF we get the pick.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I'm not sure if many or some of you might understand my rationality for this, but this is one way it might be...

The Houston Texans, 2nd year expansion team, will try to do whatever it takes to do better than a 4-12 record from last year to prove to the front office and fans that they are moving up. Understanding they play the Dolphins in the opener, why not pick up a guy the fins are trying to release who has been practicing with the team the last 3 years like Dyer has? Despite being a back-up, Dyer (like all players) has been in the film rooms with the coaches and players going over plays and tactics, Dyer has been taught our plays and offensive system, Dyer knows some play signals, and Dyer knows some fins weaknesses.

Considering the Texans will only give the fins a 7th round pick IF Dyer remains on the Texans roster is a clear sign that they may just sit him down and tell him to discuss "a bit" of the fins setups and plays, with the intent of never putting him on the main roster! Could it be that the Texans outmanuevered the Fins and used Dyer as a Snitch??

ps. And why get excited about a conditional 7th rd pick? We'll just end up picking up another Deon Dyer if not worse, IF we get the pick.

It wouldn't matter if Fiedler went up to the LOS and told the Texans D players where the play was going before each snap.

The Texans are in for a beating.

Oliver...

ps. And why get excited about a conditional 7th rd pick? We'll just end up picking up another Deon Dyer if not worse, IF we get the pick. [/B]

Or maybe we can find another corey jenkins(6th round aquired by trading 2 7th rounders), terell davis, etc, etc. Being drafted in the later rounds doesnt mean theyre not good. Some are some arent, just like 1st rounders. The more draft picks the better, it gives you a lot of flexibility in the draft by allowing you to trade up for extra picks in higher rounds.

Re: Re: Deon Dyer Possible Spy for Opener?

Originally posted by Oliver

It wouldn't matter if Fiedler went up to the LOS and told the Texans D players where the play was going before each snap.

The Texans are in for a beating.

Oliver...

:lol:

thought maybe the Texans were going into covert ops to beat the Phins... but I agree... Fiedler could wear a sign on his neck with the plays written on it, it doesn't change the fact that Houston is in for it.

I don't think that was the intent, but it is definately a perk. I hate the fact Jarod Baxter went down. Not only is he the starting FB for the Texans, he is an ex-teammate and buddy of mine. However, they needed a starting FB that loves to block and can run the ball if necessary. That fits Dyer to a T. Now if Dyer wants to sit down and explain a few of the Miami offense's wrinkles to the Texans staff, I'm sure he is free to do so. However, I doubt that is why he was acquired......

As far as dyer goes, i assume he will divulge bits of info, just as seau will before we go up against the chargers... also, hopefully buckley will explain to us what a brian belichick defense does.

but either way, i hope you guys know that the texans D wasnt THAT bad, they were middle of the pack and actually had a pretty decent secondary, its the offense that was horrible and what we should expect to destroy.

dont get me wrong i think the dolphins offense has a chance to dominate most of the teams on our schedule this year, but dont just assume cuz the texans sucked that the whole team sucked, i remember they had a game last season where they won solely on defensive tds, or somethin like that..

peace
amin

Houston will no doubt try to gain insight from Dyer on Turner's system and tendencies. They still need PLAYMAKERS to stop our PHINS. They are not there yet. I expect a big blow out to start off this special season...a TEXAS style blowout... BIG PHINS 44-10!!! Most of our points to be set up by our swarming defense.

Originally posted by Amin
... also, hopefully buckley will explain to us what a brian belichick defense does.

peace
amin

What happened, did the Ravens coach and the Patriots coach have a kid together?

Why get excited about a 7th rd pick? Oh I don't know, maybe because you can get a player the caliber of oh say, Sage Rosenfels with it. Or maybe a LT from another team before he gets cut and hits the open market.

Originally posted by Bazinet37
I don't think that was the intent, but it is definately a perk. I hate the fact Jarod Baxter went down. Not only is he the starting FB for the Texans, he is an ex-teammate and buddy of mine. However, they needed a starting FB that loves to block and can run the ball if necessary. That fits Dyer to a T. Now if Dyer wants to sit down and explain a few of the Miami offense's wrinkles to the Texans staff, I'm sure he is free to do so. However, I doubt that is why he was acquired......

Dyer can "run the ball if necessary"???

Freeman could expose your D packages as well if he is traded w/in the division.

Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
keith byars eh?

Q.

Jason, I was wondering what happens when the dolphins trade someone like D. Dyer, then we play the team he was traded to week 1. Doesn't this seem like when Keith B went to N.E and they seemed to know our plays?
John Mc, Sebring FL 8/20/03

A.

Byars did because the Dolphins failed to change their offensive signals (hand and language) that week.
Jason Cole 8/20/03

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiheral...d=324&mode=display&action=&type=list&pageNo=3

Back
Top Bottom