Deon Dyer Possible Spy for Opener? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Deon Dyer Possible Spy for Opener?

Last year, we ran the same running play with Ricky Williams over and over again, and no one could stop it. Opposing defenses knew it was coming, but they couldn't do anything to stop Ricky. The point of this is that teams watch films, etc. every week looking at the other teams. Dyer may be able to help them with signals and crap, but the Texans are going to find it out anyway by watching gametapes. Having Dyer on the Texans isn't really going to jeapordize winning in week 1, considering that the Fins probably haven't even gameplanned for week 1 yet anyway.

He may know our playbook, but he isn't going to be able to tell the Texans exactly what we are doing.

Originally posted by JackMeehov

Q.

Jason, I was wondering what happens when the dolphins trade someone like D. Dyer, then we play the team he was traded to week 1. Doesn't this seem like when Keith B went to N.E and they seemed to know our plays?
John Mc, Sebring FL 8/20/03

A.

Byars did because the Dolphins failed to change their offensive signals (hand and language) that week.
Jason Cole 8/20/03

I feel a lot better now that the team beat writer has cleared this up.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiheral...isplay&action=&type=list&pageNo=3
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by justafan
Freeman could expose your D packages as well if he is traded w/in the division.

Freeman is not going anywhere. I think you might be thinking of McGarrahan.

Texans doesn't have anyone on their OL and their starting FB is out. I think their center McKinney is still doubtful for the opener against the Fins so they will need all the help possible against the premier pass rush of Miami. Dyer, as a blocking FB, is a must for them. And they will need to use their TE with they don't want Carr to be sack 5-10 times.

And if the FB comes from an opponent you'll face it is a plus...

Yeah I think its pretty obvious I mean Dyer was a 4th round pick and when he came out he was considered like the best blocking fullback in the draft...a guy who has that unbelievable power coaches could fall in love with. Back then believe it or not, Capers was paying attention. They did a mock draft in that year while the real NFL was drafting. So when Jarrod Baxter went down they needed a bruising blocker that will give them the best possible chance of running Stacey Mack through that shiftless offensive line...and Dyer is probably the best FB on the bubble.

The whole Byars thing has to go down as one of the worst coaching ever. How could you let a guy go to New England, a division rival, a guy that was a big part of Marino's pass offense, and yet you don't change your hand signals and audible calls? Thats probably one of the dumbest moves ever. It wasn't the playbook Byars gave them, it was the hand signals and audible codes. When Marino called "White 90" at the line, the Pats knew exactly who that meant he was keying on, if it meant anything at all.

Jason Cole had another Q&A about the whole Dyer thing. Basically, Norv Turner has been in this league for 12 years calling plays. If you can't figure out what plays Norv likes to run by now, you shouldn't be a coach in the national football league. Coaches have access to every play Norv's ever run, they know his playbook and his tendancies, and the reason Norv is such an excellent play-caller is because despite that he can keep them guessing on game day.

the more important consideration for the Phins was that Dyer was not likely to be 100% or even available ag us to try and block our LBs.

Dammit, Ice and CK stole my thunder. ;)

In short, everybody knows WHAT everybody is running for the most part. It's all about WHEN you run it (playcalling).

Yeah it's not like you have plays that nobody has seen before, it's how you make them think they have figured them out and you go with another one.

Originally posted by Amin
As far as dyer goes, i assume he will divulge bits of info, just as seau will before we go up against the chargers... also, hopefully buckley will explain to us what a brian belichick defense does.

but either way, i hope you guys know that the texans D wasnt THAT bad, they were middle of the pack and actually had a pretty decent secondary, its the offense that was horrible and what we should expect to destroy.

dont get me wrong i think the dolphins offense has a chance to dominate most of the teams on our schedule this year, but dont just assume cuz the texans sucked that the whole team sucked, i remember they had a game last season where they won solely on defensive tds, or somethin like that..

peace
amin

I was at that game the texans won, it was against the steelers. I went with a few of my steelers buddies and kept asking them, why are the steelers's receivers running the wrong way!!! :lol: I think there was like 2 or 3 interceptions returned for TD's that game by the texans. I think, if my memory serves me right... the texans had less than 100 yards of total offense that game. :lol:

GO FINS!!!

Z

Back
Top Bottom