‘Dependable’ Miami Dolphins RB Kenyan Drake ‘warrants more in the game plan’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Dependable’ Miami Dolphins RB Kenyan Drake ‘warrants more in the game plan’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake runs for a touchdown against the Buffalo Bills during the first half last Saturday in Orchard Park, N.Y. (AP Photo/Adrian Kraus)

DAVIE — Kenyan Drake leads the Miami Dolphins with 5.8 yards per carry and that would lead the NFL if he had enough qualifying carries.
When Drake was told he had one game left to reach the required total, he asked how many carries he needed.
“Maybe fifty eight?” a reporter responded.
It’s actually 71, which Drake won’t reach no matter how much Jay Ajayi and his shoulder rest on Sunday.
But what Drake has done in limited rookie season touches is impressive.
Ajayi has 29 carries, 9 catches, 12 kickoff returns and… 3 touchdowns.
That’s a really good explosive-play ratio and that’s what Drake does best.
Against Buffalo, Drake had a 45-yard touchdown run and a key 39-yard kickoff return to set up the game-tying fourth-quarter field goal.
“He ends up with seven plays but two of them are big plays,” Dolphins offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen said. “That’s a great characteristic to have. That big play per snap is huge. That’s a huge ratio and he’s cut out the critical errors and he’s been really good.”
Drake’s speed and explosiveness is a fantastic compliment to Ajayi’s agressiveness and toughness.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-kenyan-drake-warrants-more-in-the-game-plan/

I think that Kenyan Drake could have a very high ceiling. He has some speed and a good physique and can be a danger for Defenses whenever he is out there. I know we may need to pump the brakes a little after last week's big play but I'm interested in the impressions of others. How good can Drake be?
That 3rd Round Draft pick is now looking a pretty decent investment in the future.

Is he our Sproles? I think he is bigger than Sproles but similar role could be possible.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Is he our Sproles? I think he is bigger than Sproles but similar role could be possible.

Sproles? They guy is wayyy bigger than Sproles and no where near as shifty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sproles? They guy is wayyy bigger than Sproles and no where near as shifty.

Yeah, that's true. I just figured they filled a similar role with limited carries, lining up in multiple locations, catching passes, and excellent special teams. If his career is as successful as Sproles, I'd be thrilled.

Drake certainly deserves more touches. He is elusive with home run speed. We have the capacity to score from anywhere and he is another reason why.

Yeah, that's true. I just figured they filled a similar role with limited carries, lining up in multiple locations, catching passes, and excellent special teams. If his career is as successful as Sproles, I'd be thrilled.

This is the one aspect of the Adam Gase offense that I'm not thrilled with as of yet. So far I haven't seen the designed formations and plays for guys like Grant and Drake. Those guys with their speed can absolutely turn a game. But as of yet nothing!

he's definitely a more situational type RB, but I wouldn't shy away from Ajayi just to get Drake more involved. We gotta feed Ajayi, dance with the one that brought you there. I'd only give Drake more touches if Ajayi is struggling or as a change of pace like we have been doing.

But the one complaint I have with Gase's offense is we need to get RB's more involved in the passing game. I feel that Drake can benefit us in the passing game as a receiving RB out of the backfield.

This is the one aspect of the Adam Gase offense that I'm not thrilled with as of yet. So far I haven't seen the designed formations and plays for guys like Grant and Drake. Those guys with their speed can absolutely turn a game. But as of yet nothing!

Agree. Look at what KC has done with that little dude...

After week 5 Gase had to strip down his playbook to get everybody on the same page. I'm sure a lot of the bonus material was scraped for the gadgets.

Back
Top Bottom