Depth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Depth

OG54

Starter
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I wonder about the term. Is it having people there or is it having quality. Let's Take LB as an example. We will have our 3 starters and then we will have our depth, which may be 2 but most likely 3 LB's. Baring any injuries, we should be fine and the depth would be fine.

Can anyone tell me who has the best LB corps in the league. Then tell me who their back ups are. Then tell me if they have depth or quality depth. We are not the Yankees nor is any other team in the NFL the Yankees. We have good starters at almoist everyone position, w/ some of them even being great. But come on, don't tell me that the Patriots, Rams, Ranvens, Bucs and so on had great starters and great depth/quality at every position.

I am a semi believer in luck. I do beleive that hard work creates opportunities and that may be perceived as luck. So, if we work hard and avoid the injury bug, we should be more than just ok!

So is depth really an issue? Or is luck the issue? I am sure it would help to have ray lewis, brian urlacher, and lavar arington on the bench. But, only the three best will play and if they stay healthy, then depth is nothing more than a name on a paper.

Back
Top Bottom