Derrick Henry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrick Henry

Henry is worth every $$$

He wears down opposing defenses and runs out the clock in 4th quarter.

Ya dreamin if ya think the Titans will part ways with Derrick Henry.

Titans should keep him but there’s high potential for a bad contract here in a few years I’d say.

Titans should keep him but there’s high potential for a bad contract here in a few years I’d say.
Tennessee has a few other players they need to sign as well...Henry could be the odd man out. Just turned 26...only 800 carries on him through 4 seasons. He's got at least 3 more years.

26 is better than 28 but he’s taken a lot of contact. I figured he was a little older

26 is better than 28 but he’s taken a lot of contact. I figured he was a little older

Especially if you count those years of grind at Bama as well. At least his last season...He had to have 400 carries with that 2000 yard plus season.

The guy is a beast and I do not like the thought of a lot of cap room long term for a running back. Lets say we are drafting a young qb ,we are able to sign one of the top guards at 11-12 million per. It might make sense to sign Henry if available. Give him a ton up front 30-40 million and easy out clauses in yr 3 or 4. The guy is 26 today. Makes any young qb we get immediately better. We haven't had a great back since Ricky. One thought

Not with our line. Henry is an elite talent. He needs 20-25 touches a game. We can’t stop anyone enough or block well enough to do it. It’s like having a nuclear warhead with no delivery system.

Need the line before we worry about the RB.

As good as Henry is, he is only great because Titans have a dominant offensive line.
Although I think they said he gained 750 yards AFTER contact this year. Damn. I remember when they ran that stat on Emmit Smith and it was almost zero. But yes, you need a line.

There are a LOT of good RBs coming up in this year's draft. With 14 picks, we could easily take one in the 2/3rd range and then another on the third day.

Henry is a bull, but he'd also big a large cost at a position that doesn't justify it.

See... Jones, Reshad.
With all of our draft picks and cap space and not much money committed long term puts us in the perfect position to get Henry. Where else do spend the money with this Rooster,cheap at qb Draft.fitz.Rosen,wr,te for a few yrs
Henry is worth every $$$

He wears down opposing defenses and runs out the clock in 4th quarter.
Especially in the heat in Miami. mixed in with games we play in the northeast in Dec. Guy has 3 great yrs left. Overpay him early in contract .and hope he remains the face of the franchise. Then draft that great 3rd yd back

With all of our draft picks and cap space and not much money committed long term puts us in the perfect position to get Henry. Where else do spend the money with this Rooster,cheap at qb Draft.fitz.Rosen,wr,te for a few yrs

Especially in the heat in Miami. mixed in with games we play in the northeast in Dec. Guy has 3 great yrs left. Overpay him early in contract .and hope he remains the face of the franchise. Then draft that great 3rd yd back

Well... I wouldn't throw a fit if they did this, but I'd rather go a different direction.
I don't think we should rush to spend all the money in one year; that would just lead us right back to problems.
Spend smart...

Back
Top Bottom