Derrick Johnson at No.2 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrick Johnson at No.2

MLBrandow said:
I'm glad that you read none of that post before replying.

I did, johnson would not fit in Sabans defense. He likes bigger LB's that can play up or down. Johnson while he will be a good pro, over runs tackles a ton, and is slow to read defenses. I have no problem taking him later if we get another # 1 pick. But Merriman is a better fit for our defense!

Well, I agree that we need another LB, and I'd love to get DJ. I just don't want to get him with our #2 pick, because I just don't think he is a top 3 material player. I'd LOVE to trade down and get him with a later pick, but I just don't want to spend our #2 on him. I just think that our RB need is bigger than LD need, and benson/brown represents greater value than Johnson does as a player.

MLBrandow said:
You can Ronnie Brown me all day, but he isn't going to be drafted by the Dolphins, and if you disagree, you can pull up this thread on draft day and quote me as the sole person in the universe that believes Miami will not draft him at No.2. Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, and Travis Henry would be given away for a 2nd rounder (which the Dolphins do not have, but the value is the point).

I can also see them going for Michigan's Braylon Edwards at 2, because of Linehan's proclivity for the passing game (another reason why the Dolphins won't draft RB at No.2).

I'm with you on the Ronnie Brown thing. I've posted in the past couple of weeks that he won't even be drafted in the top 7, just my gut. I'd rather us draft Mike Williams than Edwards but I believe either one of the 2 is the right choice for us at #2. Like you stated, Linehan's O, Saban's want for a true playmaker, and they are the BPAs at #2, IMO.

I wouldn't mind drafting DJ at all, but I think we need to make our first pick an offensive player.Top 4 worst offenses and top 10 best defenses....we have to address the offense with our best pick.

a few months ago, i thaught the fins would sign a big name FA RB, and then take D. Johnson with the #2. (i was yell at ALOT for that one).

i thaugth seau would be released as well as the other OLB.

but since then seau has restructured and the fins havent been able to get a big name RB. (alexander has not signed, so hes still an option).

also, the fins blame R. Williams for their horrable season, and with an oportunity to replace him with someone who has unlimited potential at the #2 overall spot, they are looking seriously at drafting a RB.

Seau restructuring his contract to a fraction of what it was, has seriously limited the liklyhood of Johnson being taken. (i say the titans take him).

The reason I personally do not see D Johnson being taken at number two is mainly because he has some real big question marks. I heard a lot of the scouts have him dropping out of the top 10. Mainly he likes to free-lance a bit, does not take on blocks well, etc.. IF that is true (sorry I do not get to watch that much film) and he was avoiding blocks in College... what happens when the big blockers in the NFL get to him? That seems a bit risky for the number 2 overall. Lets face it, the reason we are picking there is we REALLY need a stud who will come in and dominate on day one. The only positions I see that happening this year are WR (Edwards, Williams and that dude from South Carolna)and RB (top 3 are well known).

I thought he would be great to get some youth back into our LB core... but not if those concerns are real. I do NOT want a OLB that tries to avoid blocks. Shed them yes, avoid... can get yourself into bad position to make a play.

if we can trade down to 8 -10 i'm all in favour of taking that bad boy he can pack a punch. i don't think he'll last past 10.

ch19079 said:
a few months ago, i thaught the fins would sign a big name FA RB, and then take D. Johnson with the #2. (i was yell at ALOT for that one).

i thaugth seau would be released as well as the other OLB.

but since then seau has restructured and the fins havent been able to get a big name RB. (alexander has not signed, so hes still an option).

also, the fins blame R. Williams for their horrable season, and with an oportunity to replace him with someone who has unlimited potential at the #2 overall spot, they are looking seriously at drafting a RB.

Seau restructuring his contract to a fraction of what it was, has seriously limited the liklyhood of Johnson being taken. (i say the titans take him).

It's "horrible"...imagine that a Bills fan that can't spell. :cooldude:

Um I've thought about it alot and considered all the options and I have to say the DJ is by far the best player in the draft at any position. Now I know you Brown groupies may not like us taking Dj at number 2 but the facts are he would be an excellent pick for any team.

Megatron said:
Um I've thought about it alot and considered all the options and I have to say the DJ is by far the best player in the draft at any position. Now I know you Brown groupies may not like us taking Dj at number 2 but the facts are he would be an excellent pick for any team.
:lol: Another comedian! The board is full of them today! :lol:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Merriman!!
What are you an idiot savant and all you can say is "Merriman"???? I met a guy like you once but all he could say was "Icecream".

not going to happen......

as a side note...I think Derrick Johnson is a very overrated player.

Megatron said:
What are you an idiot savant and all you can say is "Merriman"???? I met a guy like you once but all he could say was "Icecream".

I like ice cream!!!

Back
Top Bottom