"Derrius Thompson" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Derrius Thompson"

Actually James Jett ran a in the high 4.1's and there have been one or two others, ron brown in the 80's? They were all track guys, not football players, playing football. That is why they never wre the superstars they could run, but nit catch.

Also Chamber and Mcknight have the speed, as does Baker. Thompson has good quickness. Rice is a 'burner', do you think he was good enough? Not being sarcastic, just pointing out Baker was/is a project but think he is ready, Thompson is primed, and Tolver may be a nice addition. Our Wr core has a nice combination of size and speed and hands.

I would love a receiving corps of:

CC
McKnight
Thompson
JR Toliver
Baker

I think Newson may make some noise..but I'll have to see if his NFLE translate to the NFL. I know Baker can play here..

Rogers is pretty fast. does any one know about his hands for catching..I understand the Dolphins are putting in some packages to take advantage of his speed.

Originally posted by Boone
We need more speed at the WR position!

Why? Our starting QB's favorite target for the last three years has been a guy who couldn't outrun a dead squirel(Gadsden). Speed recievers are there to stretch the field, and Jay's stats say that any throw more than 25 yds out is as likely to be an interception as a reception. Thompson is EXACTLY what we need, which is a guy who can go up and catch the ball. And he's better than OG because he can pick up yards after the catch.

Originally posted by unclemonty
ive been excited about Thompson since day one. in fact i liked him last year as a redskin. he opened the season with 4 catches 45 yards and a td. spurrier was messing with his wr and qb situation all year. i remember Thompson finally getting the start week 7 vs. GB because i was down a fantasy wr. he rushed 4 times for 48 yards and caught 5 passes for 89 yards. he followed that up with 4 for 63 against Indianapolis in week 8. he then was in a spat with spurrier and found his way back to the bench until weeks 13 through 17 where he produced every single week. My point being, when he plays, he PRODUCES!!! PERIOD!!

You are playing fast and loose with the fact there my friend. Derrius started 14 games for the Redskins, including their last 11. The only weeks he didn't start were weeks 5 and 6. That unproductive streak in November was not because he was on the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133579/gamelogs

Anyway, nice board you guys have here. I'll probably be back by before your Dolphins face the Redskins this year.

Originally posted by SkinsAndGators

You are playing fast and loose with the fact there my friend. Derrius started 14 games for the Redskins, including their last 11. The only weeks he didn't start were weeks 5 and 6. That unproductive streak in November was not because he was on the bench.

Anyway, nice board you guys have here. I'll probably be back by before your Dolphins face the Redskins this year.

He was on the field, but he wasn't used as a target much. Look at McKnight...Gadsden goes down and suddenly he's getting twice as many balls thrown his way. The reciever can't MAKE the QB throw him the ball.

I agree with all you guys but I still think that bringing Gadsden back is a good idea. I would not like to see him on the patriots...he would be the #3 most likely and that could present problems in our defensive backfield

on the actual playing field, and especially on grass, the players that run actual sub 4.4 40s is EXTREMELY RARE!

ricky may only be a 4.5, but if he can play at that 4.5 and maintain it he appears faster than the "4.3" guys because he plays to his speed....it doesn't mean he is also sub 4.3 on a track, it just means he has playing speed....

most players on the field cannot get to top speed fast enough to show off true speed.....true speed is when you pull away from people.....but i'd take a 4.5 guy that plays to his speed and has good hands and is quick than a track guy with moderate hands and straightline speed over quickness.....

Originally posted by SkinsAndGators

Welcome Skins. Thanks again for taking all the Jets good players. We owe ya one :friday:

Back
Top Bottom