Derrius Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Derrius Thompson

I thought Thompson stepped it up against Dallas as well. Seems like he doesn't play well, unless Chambers plays like Paul Warfield.

I wouldn't mind Thompson as a #3 WR next year, if we had a really good #2. Maybe if we draft a guy in the 1st, we can keep Thompson around. Say we get a guy like Evans, Thompson would be the perfect #3, IMO.

Guys he is just one of consistant inconsistant players we have, that take some games off and show up for others.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

D.Thompson showed up???? If Chambers gave that kind of performance, That wouldve been a bad game for Chambers.

I have to wonder if Derrius is miscast here or if Fiedler just never found out how to get the ball to him or what because I saw him do some spectacular things in Washington, and you know what he did great things in camp too.

As for route running that is just inaccurate. Our WR coach Robert Ford himself said Derrius knows more about running routes than just about anyone he's ever come in contact with him. It was a comfort thing, I think. He did not get comfortable here. But of all the people here who had a bad season, he is the one it would surprise me least of all to see blow up into like a pro bowler next season. Just think of Jason Taylor when he had like 2.5 sacks in one full season and everyone claimed that "the book has been written" on blocking JT and all you had to do was "muscle him out" etc. Derrius was in an offense this year that did not give him a chance, because as the #2 to Chris Chambers he was not slated to be thrown the ball much anyway. So then when he got thrown the ball early and he still had not found a comfort level with Jay Fiedler and the offense, there were miscues that discouraged us from throwing the ball to him more. We were funneling the ball to Chambers, McMichael, and the RBs...and pounding it with Ricky like 60% of the time.

We never found true balance and neither Jay Fiedler nor Brian Griese are the type of QB that can get us balance not only between running and passing, but between forcing it to Chambers or a RB on a screen and getting it to all our WRs. If Chan Gailey was here, I think Derrius has close to 1000 yards.

I agree CK, DT can catch, but didn't get in rythm here..but if Jay stays, I think he finds him next year.

If Jay stays I don't think he finds him next year as much as he should.

Listen, when you have slower guys who don't get separation you need a guy with more of a cannon arm so that the ball can be there without the DB having enough time to break on it. Jay just can't do that. He needs to be out of Miami. We can't count on him to stay injury free. We can't count on him to give us good QB play. We can't count on him to maximize Randy McMichael OR Chris Chambers OR Derrius Thompson and Ricky's never gonna see less than 8 or 9 in the box so long as Jay can't beat someone with the deep ball.

I dont know man..We need a WR to keep the D off CC and I dont know if DT is the WR to do that.

Chan Gailey ran a more simplier offense than Norv sorry.

Sorry, but bringing up Thompson in Washington isn't a good thing to do. Who wouldn't put up good numbers in Washington's offense?

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I agree CK, DT can catch, but didn't get in rythm here..but if Jay stays, I think he finds him next year.

Not if DT grows an extra foot or two. Jay's an overthrower, which is good and bad, but mostly bad. Even CBS broadcasters were sayin, "Not even Shaq can catch that pass". But you're right he can catch.

Actually CK, I would love to see Sage get a chance, I really feel he may be something for us. He has the kind of arm you're referring to.

Back
Top Bottom