Despite Heartbreaking loss, lots of reasons for optimism | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Despite Heartbreaking loss, lots of reasons for optimism

Phinsfan210

F-I-N-S FINS FINS FINS
Reaction score
This was one of the toughest losses Ive ever had to endure for as long as i can remember being a dolphins fan. But lets face it, The texans played better then us for most of the game and they deserved it and we didnt. We couldnt sustain drives on offense, and we got incredibly lucky with turnovers on defense as our defense could not shut them down. So before I go to my list of positives and reasons for being optimistic, lets take a look at some of the negatives.

Negatives
-Ok our secondary did horrable yesterday. Will Allen cant cover big receivers, and Goodman and Hill are average at best. I think Parcells is really going to concentrate on upgrading our secondary this off-season.
-We had trouble sustaining drives and keeping our defense rested. We had lots of 3 and outs and couldnt convert on 3rd downs. There were a couple times in the game where we had 4th and 1 or inches but didnt go for it, I think on some occasions we should have.
-Ronnie Brown at the end of the game. Somone said in another post that when you have a chance to get points like he did, you take it. I disagree. You have to be smart. If he goes down there, we have a good chance to milk the clock and kick a gamewinning fieldgoal or get a touchdown with much less time left.
-And the biggest one of all: Special Teams. We gave up a huge punt return yesterday and we couldnt get any good returns. Its mind-boggling why Ginn isnt back there on punt returns, but I trust our front office.

Ok now with that over with, lets take a look at some positives and lots of reasons to be optimistic as we continue this season.

Positives
-Our offense couldnt sustain drives but they put points on the board and did a good job of fighting back when we were down to get us in position to win the game.
-Anyone who is saying bad things about Pennington after yesterdays game is a moron. He did a wonderful job espicially on that drive that got us to 21 points. He made some real nice throws.
-For those of you that continue to call Ginn a bust and this and that, SHUT THE *UCK UP!. like really, you know nothing about football. its his second year and he got thrown to once yesterday with defenders right in his face, what you want him to do...fly over them. F U guys.
-Camarillo-the more i see this guy play, the more im realy starting to believe hes going to be a good receiver for us for a long time to come. He wont make any top 10 plays on nfl live, but hes smart, runs good routes, and doesnt drop passes. A bill parcells type receiver.
-Our offensive line-They had some trouble yesterday but overall this unit has really gelled over the past couple of weeks and done a great job...espicially our rook Jake Long. He looks awesome.
-Coaching staff made some boneheaded moves and calls yesterday but overall I love this coaching staff. How could you not?
-Linebackers and D-line, for not that much talent or age, there playing awesome. How about my boy-Joey Porter. I said before the season that this guy was going to get back to his old form and start wreaking havoc on the field....wasnt I right? : )
-The Wildcat-Man i love this thing. Everygame this coaching staff finds a new way for it to be effective. Its here to stay ladies and gents.
-And last but not least, we are 2 plays away from being a 4-1 team. Yeah yeah, people will say well were not, were 2-3, but guess what, it just goes to show that we are very close to being a very good team. The tri-fecta did amazing things this past off-season and i cant wait for next off-season. We are 2-3 right now, and I see us finishing this year somewhere around 6-10, but possibly 8-8 or 9-7. Well see how things play out, but I love this team and love the direction in which were moving.

LETS GO FINS!

Ehhh, ok points I guess. I disagree with the negative about Ronnie. And Ginn belongs in the negative column. He's not a bust (yet) but he's certainly not performing at the level you would expect for a #9 overall pick.

Back
Top Bottom