Detailed film study of Aaron Brewer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Detailed film study of Aaron Brewer

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Good stuff. Should improve our running game. Was also the 13 rated pass blocker out of 32 centers, so he’s not horrible there, but should be exceptional at run blocking in the dolphins scheme with what Mcdaniel likes to run.

Honestly, I think we may have traded up here. I know that the negative bro-posters and the trolls keep harping on the sacks that Brewer surrendered last year, but Brewer is crazy quick... you have to wonder just how many of the sacks were driven by the QB holding the ball too long or the WRs just not getting open while the immobile QB didn't throw it away.

Did he get beat... or were the sacks a team failing. No one is supplying film...

IF the sacks were a team issue, then I'm going to suggest that Brewer's crazy quickness and better snaps will be extremely welcome... not to mention his clean injury card.

...and the 7m/year?

Laughably low if he works out.

I REALLY like the price to risk ratio on this one. I don't want Williams back. Very good (not great) player... but a pretty major injury risk now. I don't want to do that.

Good stuff! Certainly has the speed and agility to get to the second level and shows a lot of quickness in those clips.

The open question on him is the pass protection.....but I haven't seen enough to really know what those issues are about.

Overall, I feel good about this signing and he is certainly an upgrade in the run game

I don’t know about him being a better snapper than Williams. He as also had problems snapping in the shotgun.

From the article.. “Brewer leads the league in pressures allowed by a center and is second in sacks allowed. That doesn’t even take into account the issue he has had with bad shotgun snaps at times.”

I find it curious that the Titans let Brewer walk with new head coach Brian Callahan hiring his dad, Bill Callahan, as offensive line coach. Bill coached in Cleveland the last 3 years before signing on with the Titans. Bill is one of the better teachers of the wide zone in the NFL. The Browns oline, with Callahan as Oline coach, were ranked in the top 5 in the NFL these past 3 years. Something to think about? We will just have to see how this plays out once the season begins.

Pro's and Con's here.....

6th rated Center in the run game and 11th rated center overall. The pass pro will be the open issue and if it improves this could be a really good signing

Fortunately, our quick decision making QB and WRs that get separation can mask some pass blocking capabilities.

Don't forget everyone was ready to pull the plug on A.J. and Hunt was viewed as above average. Both of them just got paid (Hunt overpaid), Connor played at a ProBowl level and guys like Lamm were quite serviceable.

Kinda reminds me of the Patriots at one point.

I’m cautiously optimistic on Brewer. He might really surprise us with his mobility, and his film is strong. He also seems to have a solid football IQ which is crucial for Centers.
The thing that makes me cautiously optimistic about his signing is that he was 13th in pass block win rate for centres. I know PFF had him giving up a lot of pressures and sacks but ESPN had him as slightly above average at the 2.5 second mark compared to other centres. Does that mean that the Tennessee QB's were holding the ball too long or that the scheme was calling for long developing plays? As we know, Tua averaged 2.3 seconds last year to get the ball out so that will mask a lot of the passing issues.

If he stays healthy and helps in the run game like we all think he can I think this could be a very good move. It's easy to see how much the run game fell off when Connor was out and Eichenburg couldn't get to the second level on his blocks to cut off LB's like Connor or this new dude can.

I'm not sure about Brewer, he's was an UDFA and last year was his first full year at center. I'm optimistic he might do well here.

At least management understood that going into the season with starting Eich at center is a bad idea.

He's very quick and fast which helps him in the run game.....he said himself that he's an undersized center so he has to be quick and initiate contact first cause that's how you win according to him.....by his own admission he's not going to overpower you but rather by being aggressive and fast is how he'll get his wins. Time will tell but it seems like this is the right offense for him.

We needed to get a center cause Williams has a long way to go before he's ready and all the other guys we have are better at guard than at center.

I don't know much about him but all the Titans fans seem to be glad he's gone and think he'll get Tua killed.

Obviously the main concern is the number of sacks and pressures he gave up. Yet in the McDaniel offense and with Tua quickly getting the ball out, I believe those issues won’t be the same issues they were with the Titans.

I think running the ball is going to become more of a priority in year three under McDaniel and this will be the area Brewer will be a major upgrade on the OL.

Good morning @1972forever , what can I get you?

scale;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg

Back
Top Bottom