Devonta Smith | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Devonta Smith

Vernon was a inch and a half shorter.....faster and stronger....look at their pre-draft measurables.
Smaller hands for Vernon Davis- 8 3/4 in to 10 5/8 inches for Pitts
Similar Broad Jumps- 10 foot 8 inches for Vernon to 10 foot 9 inches
Vernon got him in the vertical jump
And in the bench press, 33 to 22, but Vernon has shorter arms
Pitts also has, at 83 an 5'8", longest wingspan in the past 2 decades for TE's or WR's
4.38 or 4.39 40 for Davis to 4.44 for Pitts

But it's not just measurables..Pitts is a more natural pass catcher and has a larger catch radius. It's been said numerous times by people that are more in tune with all this stuff than I am, and it's obvious on tape.

But also..Pitts is 20 and will be until October 6th and Davis was 22 years old..Pitts is likely still growing..it's crazy!

Just let's say both were special athletes..were/are..but he compares favorably to any of the Great Long WR/TE's of recent history, such as Megatron and this guy Vernon..he's just lankier/longer.

Gentlemen stop making this personal and calling others trolls

1605286494358.png

He’s also 6’ 10” .....
Just don't see the "Kevin Durant of Length" for Devonta Smith..no comparison.

Kinda like the guy that compared his game of play to Randy Moss? LOL

6'4" vs 6'1"
4.25 for moss vs 4.5 if he's lucky
Straight Down the field speed guy on the outside for Moss
All over the place for Devonta..

...don't buy it!

Just goes to show the level of ignorance and silliness that goes on around here.

Anyone that seriously asks a question like that or uses it to try to make what would be a nonsensical comparison just can’t be taken seriously. At all.

wow dude because I asked about differences between 2 potential top 10 picks who play the same position and have similar builds? I'll make sure to refer to you, all knowing football man, next time I have a question. Thank you for you adding so much knowledge to the thread

My bad...just couldn't take it anymore...i apologize...
Water under the bridge.

We're still all Dolphin's fans here. Mostly.

No worries.

Forgiven.

🤝 Truce?

Let's just leave it at the fact Devonta and Kyle Pitts could very well both be great players..no need to bash one to build up the other..both are excellent prospects!

Just don't see the "Kevin Durant of Length" for Devonta Smith..no comparison.

Kinda like the guy that compared his game of play to Randy Moss? LOL

6'4" vs 6'1"
4.25 for moss vs 4.5 if he's lucky
Straight Down the field speed guy on the outside for Moss
All over the place for Devonta..

...don't buy it!
Not sure about the moss comparisons but if you are disagreeing that Smith is a long lengthy guy....why? He clearly is

Smith’s main “weakness” is his size. Everything else about him is good. Maybe he is a 4.5 guy. Doesn’t matter. He gets open, wide open

Back
Top Bottom