Did Anyone Just See that on the Dave Wannstedt Show? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Anyone Just See that on the Dave Wannstedt Show?

Dolfan02

Somebody kick Huizenga for me
Reaction score
... on the Dave Wannstedt show on NBC towards the end, they showed a clip from the locker room right after the win at Dallas last week - Dave was about to do his usual quick locker room speech and give out the game ball, but Jason Taylor interrupted and grabbed the ball from him and told the whole team "Coach is going to get the game ball, he did great, we kicked their azzes (Cowboys) all up the field" But did anyone see Dave's reaction? It was so bizzarre... he was looking down at the ground, running his hand through his hair like if he was pissed, he didn't even smile or anything, for Jason doing such a nice thing. It just looked weird and I think it was a display of how Dave is not a player's coach meaning he's not very interactive. Oh well, they all did a great job that day.

he was embnarrassed and caught off gaurd.. typical reaction from someone who is used to being in control and suddenly not. wanne and the team will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually from what I saw Dave then managed to give the game ball to the whole coaching staff. . . :confused:

He knows there's still a lot to be done.

I already posted this in another thread. Wannstedt was just in shock to receive the game ball. He deserved it though, did a great job coaching, and finally has gotten most bashers off of him.

Check it out for yourself -edit: link fixed-

I think that Wanny doesn't do very well when he is the subject of something like that. He isn't interested in taking a lot of credit in things. He isn't a great public speaker and as odd as it may sound, might be a little shy (for lack of a better word). He is a good man. A humble man. Watching him during that speech reminded me of my father (a good, humble man).

Wannstedt is a humble man, a humble coach, and for that people criticize him, but he is making it work this year. He deserves his props. I have officially started the DW Bandwagon :bandwagon. Admission to Hop Aboard $0. First Stop, New England.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
... on the Dave Wannstedt show on NBC towards the end, they showed a clip from the locker room right after the win at Dallas last week - Dave was about to do his usual quick locker room speech and give out the game ball, but Jason Taylor interrupted and grabbed the ball from him and told the whole team "Coach is going to get the game ball, he did great, we kicked their azzes (Cowboys) all up the field" But did anyone see Dave's reaction? It was so bizzarre... he was looking down at the ground, running his hand through his hair like if he was pissed, he didn't even smile or anything, for Jason doing such a nice thing. It just looked weird and I think it was a display of how Dave is not a player's coach meaning he's not very interactive. Oh well, they all did a great job that day.

WoW what an impressive post. Of course it's just your opinion. How you can get all you got from that lil piece in time is just amazing.

Oliver...

Dave is ABSOLUTELY a player's coach. He's always sticking up for his guys with the press. He took it VERY easy on them in preseason/training camp. He has a group of 12 veteran players that he meets with each week to talk about team issues.

Dave is CERTAINLY a players coach. The knock on him is that he is TOO MUCH of one. That he isn't harsh enough with them. Remember that player who said, "sometimes I wish he'd just explode on us"??

Things seem to be going pretty well right now. If we get a win tomorrow, we could get on a huge roll.

"WoW what an impressive post. Of course it's just your opinion. How you can get all you got from that lil piece in time is just amazing.

Oliver..."

hey oliver, i'd cut him some slack. it is easy to confuse the reaction if you are not used to observing people. we have all corrected him. it's alright.

Dave looked humbled when the kudos were coming his way, and outgoing when he was crediting others. I can't knock that one bit.

Game ball to Muck for the link. (Just try to look a lil humble, okay?)

I think he was fine, he did seem embarrassed and by the way all of you should check out the game highlights on the official website at the very end dave goes wild and hugs Zach...hes not always dull

Great!

Originally posted by Muck

I think that Wanny doesn't do very well when he is the subject of something like that. He isn't interested in taking a lot of credit in things. He isn't a great public speaker and as odd as it may sound, might be a little shy (for lack of a better word). He is a good man. A humble man. Watching him during that speech reminded me of my father (a good, humble man).

Excellent link Muck! Good job, as always. Thanks.

Now, let's go kick some *** today. Go Dolphins!

Originally posted by Muck

I agree muck, ive seen his show on sunshine and he looks a little odd sometimes but i think its a kind of shyness. I have always thought Wannstedt was a good guy and he does know football well. I just never thought he was a guy who could change things up in the moment. But he has done a great job turning this thing around and i will not change my mind if we lose this game unless we get killed and something is obvious.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
I think he was fine, he did seem embarrassed and by the way all of you should check out the game highlights on the official website at the very end dave goes wild and hugs Zach...hes not always dull

I thought he looked totally embarrassed and like someone else mentioned, as soon as he found a way to deflect the attention off of himself he exuberently gave that ball away.

but you mentioned the hugs and jumping around at the end of the game......I just wanted you to see my sig....it kinda goes along with what you were saying and with the gist of this thread.

matter of fact i just saw it on sunshine. I think he was a little perturbed at the interruption. ive been interrupted before and i hate it. I thought he took it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom