Did anyone see how awful the Pats run-d looked? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone see how awful the Pats run-d looked?

MarksBrothers85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I live around the Boston area and I caught the first half of the Pats-Bengals game and boy oh boy did I have flashbacks to the 2002 season when the New England run defense was awful.New England is going to miss Ted Washington more than people think, good for us hopefully.

The announcers were commenting on the way the D was playing and how good Palmer looked, saying that they were playing a "vanilla" defense since it was preseason so they didn't need to put in a "full" defensive scheme for the Bengals or give away any of there real offense. They said that during the regular season, Palmer's head would be turning from all the schemes that would be thrown at him. The run defense would be the same.

Not saying they won't miss Washington, just saying that the announcers were 'blowing off' the off performance as it only being preseason.

yeah i hate how announcers are like that, if something unexpected happens its cause its only preseason... but if NE woulda dominated cincy, it woulda been, eventhough its only preseason you can see which is the better team... blah broadcasters are mad annoying

Back
Top Bottom