Did anyone see???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone see????

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
During the draft where the NFL tonight guys discussed Miami?

They did a nice little piece on how Miami used Ricky and talked about what Miami needed to do to get better.

Then Jaws said Jay had to play better for Miami to be succeessful. Hodge disagreed. Jaws asked him "Do you think Jay Fiedler is good enough to take Miami to the Super Bowl?" Hodge said "yes"

Jaws said "Well I don't"

Thoughts? Discussion?

Hoge for president.

:lol:

Always a different opinion huh?

I did see that segment.

We'll just have to see if Jaws is right or not....so far there hasn't been an obvious situation where we're not makin it to the big show because of QB play. It could be part of it, but other things have looked more glaring

I was just a little suprised. Usually the media type don't out and out condemn a player like that.

We will all see.

how the He// would Jaws know what it takes to QB Miami to a Super Bowl.....he couldn't do it!

McCain for president!!! I saw the segment and I agree with Hodge.

Of course Jay Fiedler is good enough to take this team to a Super Bowl. He isn't great, but he is still solid and had a QB rating of 85 last year. If Trent Dilfer can be the quarterback on a Super Bowl team, than Jay Fiedler can too.

Originally posted by fin-atic
During the draft where the NFL tonight guys discussed Miami?

They did a nice little piece on how Miami used Ricky and talked about what Miami needed to do to get better.

Then Jaws said Jay had to play better for Miami to be succeessful. Hodge disagreed. Jaws asked him "Do you think Jay Fiedler is good enough to take Miami to the Super Bowl?" Hodge said "yes"

Jaws said "Well I don't"

Thoughts? Discussion?

Jaws is so conceited that he thinks the only reason any team ever wins a Super Bowl is because of the QB. The funny thing about that is by his own standards he was not good enough either. Conceited ppl do that all the time, contradiction is their game.

Hodge is not much better either, he thinks the factor back is the only reason teams win titles. I think it comes down to Jaws likes a QB with a cannon and Hodge knows a cannon for an arm is no guarantee that a QB will be any good, and the fact that a QB that does not have a cannon does not guarantee that QB will suck.

Oliver...

Jaws is still of the opinion that it takes great QB's to run football teams which simply is not the case in today's NFL. Hodge, on the other hand, puts little emphasis on the QB position and believes any solid QB (Jay Fiedler) can lead a team to the promised land with the right supporting cast. Now that Lucas is gone, I think that supporting cast just got a whole lot better.

I am not too keen on that Edge NFL Matchup lineup. Malone is a blatant Steelers homer and Jaws is an idiot. I do think Schlerethdoes a good job. I also seem to like Hoge and I don't mind Salisbury too much I agree with ck. I don't think there has been conclusive evidence either way, that can allow us to accurately judge if Fiedler can get us too the promised land or not. What I do know is that this is his last season to prove it. If he doesn't, he is gone due to the cap hit he will be next season...

It doesn't take a great QB to win and go to the Super Bowl these days, but what a team does need is a dependable QB to make the chances he has and make the most of it and not throw away a huge opportunity to put a close on a game... Fiedler had a perfect chanc to deliver McKnight the ball in the middle of the field on a post route.. Fiedler had him so wide open that Fiedler tried to be so careful that he overthrew him... Fiedler choked at the most important play of the game and 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL would make that play.. I'm not a huge Fiedler fan and I'm glad at the prospect of Griese coming here... If my point wasn't taken out of all this, I'll elaborate.. Every team needs an effiecient QB that will make the most out of all the passes he's given, especially when they have a superior run game that defenses fear and concentrate on defending... Hopefully our defense will score more points for us this year.. and force more turnovers..

HOORAH:drinker:

"Fiedler choked at the most important play of the game and 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL would make that play"

Dude, he bearly missed him. That play did not make the game. We had a lead in the 4th quarter. We couldn't protect it.

Sean Salisbury is the biggest dunderhead on ESPN. :hitself:

Back
Top Bottom