Did anyone see???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did anyone see????

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Of course Jay Fiedler is good enough to take this team to a Super Bowl. He isn't great, but he is still solid and had a QB rating of 85 last year. If Trent Dilfer can be the quarterback on a Super Bowl team, than Jay Fiedler can too.

these are the same people who say kordell stewart is still a good QB. :lol: BTW, everyone knows what the real deal is. its not jay thats the problem, its the guy who backs him up!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I did see that segment.

We'll just have to see if Jaws is right or not....so far there hasn't been an obvious situation where we're not makin it to the big show because of QB play. It could be part of it, but other things have looked more glaring

I would have to disagree with your assement. I am not bashing Jay becuase untill something better presents its self Jayis our guy. Lets go back 3 seasons. Colts playoff game. Lamar ran for 200 yards mainly because in the first half Jay threw 3 ints, and Dave lost all confindine in the passing game. The following week Lamar deffinitly wasn't in shape to carry the team, but our defense started with a very nice stand against a tough Oakland offense. We got the ball inside the 20, and Jay threw a pass right to Tory James that went for a TD the other way. At that point all the steam was let out of the Dolphins' sail. I am not sure what would have happend in that game if the int didn't happen, but one thing is for sure is that the team lost all momentum after that play, and just seemed to leave early. You could contend that in 2000 Jay was the main reason we didn't at least play Baltimore for the AFC championship. That game would have been played in Miami by the way.

Originally posted by fin-atic
During the draft where the NFL tonight guys discussed Miami?

They did a nice little piece on how Miami used Ricky and talked about what Miami needed to do to get better.

Then Jaws said Jay had to play better for Miami to be succeessful. Hodge disagreed. Jaws asked him "Do you think Jay Fiedler is good enough to take Miami to the Super Bowl?" Hodge said "yes"

Jaws said "Well I don't"

Thoughts? Discussion?

Did Jaws think Trent Dilfer would be wearing a Super Bowl ring??? You don't have to have a Hall of Fame QB to win the SB... You need many pieces of the puzle to come together...

Heh news flash........Jay isn't liked.

Well bowl me over :lol:

Jays had a target on his back since the day it was announced he was a starter. Not really news.

I hesitate everytime Fiedler goes back to pass... and I have every reason to.. But with Ricky Williams there, just his presence gives Jay Fiedler an extra 2-3 inch window of making each pass because of the play action pass.. I was very surprised and thrilled when Jay Fiedler threw that tight rope pass to the End Zone to James Mcknight in the Pats game but then again, I wasn't surprised when he overthrew McKnight in the end zone... It's the consistency and you can't blame anyone for hesitating when Fiedler drops back to pass.. With the talent being set up around him, it makes me more comfortable but it won't stop me from holding my breathe everytime he throws the ball...

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by Dajesus

I would have to disagree with your assement. I am not bashing Jay becuase untill something better presents its self Jayis our guy. Lets go back 3 seasons. Colts playoff game. Lamar ran for 200 yards mainly because in the first half Jay threw 3 ints, and Dave lost all confindine in the passing game. The following week Lamar deffinitly wasn't in shape to carry the team, but our defense started with a very nice stand against a tough Oakland offense. We got the ball inside the 20, and Jay threw a pass right to Tory James that went for a TD the other way. At that point all the steam was let out of the Dolphins' sail. I am not sure what would have happend in that game if the int didn't happen, but one thing is for sure is that the team lost all momentum after that play, and just seemed to leave early. You could contend that in 2000 Jay was the main reason we didn't at least play Baltimore for the AFC championship. That game would have been played in Miami by the way.

News flahs that was year Jay played through 2 injured shoulders.I'm not going to sit here and say Jay is the best QB in the league but Jay is not the weak link in this team.Most fan don't realize how much Jay has improved with each season as a starter (3) and how much more dependable he has become.I wouldn't be surprise Jay keeps improving and becomes another Cannon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't surprised when he overthrew McKnight in the end zone... It's the consistency and you can't blame anyone for hesitating when Fiedler drops back to pass..

Jay is a good QB, but I agree he is inconsitent and when the big game is on the line he can not make the big throw . Anyone remember the Playoff game against Oakland. When we needed it , 2 throws off the mark and 3 INT. When you have a QB that runs for over 200 yards a game and you lose, your QB did not do his job of controling the game and making the throws needed to win the game. I still don't know if jay is the guy to take us to the promise land>>

Originally posted by Dolfan984
"Fiedler choked at the most important play of the game and 90% of the starting QB's in the NFL would make that play"

Dude, he bearly missed him. That play did not make the game. We had a lead in the 4th quarter. We couldn't protect it.

Fiedler didn't do anything to help... BArely missing someone is missing him... Doesnt matter if it was close or a mile away.. it didn't put an extra 4 points on the board instead of the field goal Miami had to settle with and that was my point... "Super Bowl teams need efficient QB that make things happen when given the chance to throw.." especially when your RB racks up 185 yards and is totally in the defenses minds..

Last edited by a moderator:
BArely missing someone is missing him

Hey Jay is playing in the NFL< He is paid to make the throws when it counts, and like RUDEAWAKERZ2354 said "BArely missing someone is missing him" he is not making the catch and not making the first down!!!

Well if Fiedler didn't throw that pass 5 feet over Chambers head on 1st down on our 4 at the end of the Pats game we may have been in the playoffs. Granted he had elbow tendonitis and probably wouldn't have come back as early if we had a capable back up. I'm not as down on his arm strength as some either, there are plenty of QB's without rocket arms. My problem is his accuracy, I don't think he's accurate enough, even in spurts, to be a real offensive weapon.

I've met Jaws...

he's a nice guy...but he's a moron...

He couldn't get the job done....
so now he thinks he is this great analyst...

give us a break.

Between him and homer Sal Palantonio...
I want to throw up.

My favorite part of the whole draft was watching Bill Romanowski tell the world how to make draft picks and how the Raiders and Al Davis make great draft picks. If you believe grades, Oakland got graded at the bottom of the barrel.

Originally posted by RUDEAWAKERZ2354
... Fiedler had a perfect chanc to deliver McKnight the ball in the middle of the field on a post route.. Fiedler had him so wide open that Fiedler tried to be so careful that he overthrew him...
HOORAH:drinker:

You're right, he missed on that play, but 27.1 pts per game is good enough.

Does anyone honestly believe that Lucas didn't cost us at least two games last year? Really? An 11-5 record would have been sweet given the parity in the NFL.

I think our biggest problem is the inability to play on the road. The difference between home and road performances is ridiculous. We just cannot make plays on the road. If that doesn't get corrected, we will not get home field in the playoffs and we will lose a road game in the playoffs. It is inevitable.

Check out these numbers since 1997:

1997: 9-7, 5 road losses, loss on the road in the playoffs
1998: 10-6, 5 road losses, loss on the road in the playoffs
1999: 9-7, 4 road losses, one win on the road and one loss on the road in the playoffs
2000: 11-5, 2 road losses, loss on the road in the playoffs
2001: 11-5, 4 road losses, loss at home in the playoffs
2002: 9-7, 6 road losses

Miami is labeled as a team that fades down the stretch. Our real problem is that we seem to play more road games at the end of the season and we can't win regularly on the road.

Jaws led the Eagles to big game and lost to the Raiders. He only went that one time.

Back
Top Bottom