Did Edwards make the team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Edwards make the team?

bdwgroove

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did Edwards make the team with his performance last night? I know that the coaches love Henry and since there is little chance that Edwards is on this team next year, do they keep 5 RBs (including Rogers) unless they can get somthing of value in a trade for Edwards? Personally I'd like to keep him since he looks like the second best back on the team right now, but they're not getting rid of Minor, I doubt that Henry will fetch anything more than a 7th rounder and there is no way Henry makes it to the practice squad. So that leaves Edwards...can he get us a 4th rounder after his pre-season? If not, I say we keep him as well as Henry and see which team is desperate after losing their running back during the season. Now this means that we start the season with 5 LBs and 8 DL to make the roster work. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Edwards would get anything over a 6th rounder, probably a 7th, but likewise, I think Edwards is a damn good backup, and could start for a few teams (Texans come to mind) if his knee holds up.

Actually thinking about it, if we release him, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats picked him up and that would SUCK!

Originally posted by bdwgroove
I say we keep him as well as Henry and see which team is desperate after losing their running back during the season. Now this means that we start the season with 5 LBs and 8 DL to make the roster work. What do you guys think? [/B]
Although it really doesn't make sense team depth-wise, I tend to agree with your idea because I think that Henry and Edwards are better at their respective positions than the 9th D-lineman or the 6th linebacker will/would be (although Brendon Ayanbedejo looked pretty good last night). Barring a trade the final couple of roster cuts are going to be a real biitch regardless of which way they decide to go. To complicate things further, how do they make room for David Bowens when he comes off the PUP list in November?

Maggot, that's exactly what I was thinking, they are more valuable than the end of the bench DLers and LBs...as long as they perform on special teams. I'm sure that we will have room when Bowens comes back though cause someone always goes down or we might be able to trade one of the backs and we have 6 weeks to do it

I actually think Edwards was on display last night. I think the dolphins were auditioning him for other teams. They played Henry's very little. That's wouldn't be good if the completion was so close, not to give Henry's equal time. So I think they've made up their minds and now looking for a trade for Edwards. They were letting teams see that he's back and can handle a load.

Originally posted by bdwgroove
Did Edwards make the team with his performance last night? I know that the coaches love Henry and since there is little chance that Edwards is on this team next year, do they keep 5 RBs (including Rogers) unless they can get somthing of value in a trade for Edwards? Personally I'd like to keep him since he looks like the second best back on the team right now, but they're not getting rid of Minor, I doubt that Henry will fetch anything more than a 7th rounder and there is no way Henry makes it to the practice squad. So that leaves Edwards...can he get us a 4th rounder after his pre-season? If not, I say we keep him as well as Henry and see which team is desperate after losing their running back during the season. Now this means that we start the season with 5 LBs and 8 DL to make the roster work. What do you guys think?

We could also start the season with 9 DBS, (5 corners and 4 safeties), rather than 5 LBs, which would also allow us to keep Edwards and Henry. Would you rather keep both of them or Shawn Wooden and just one of the two RBs?

someone mentioned Houston, and i would agree with that. we play them the first game and they already got dyer from us. It could happen the week after Houston. I know edwards wants to start somewhere and Houston would be a good chance against stacy mack.

I like him better as a long term answer (than Henry) if Ricky was out b/c of injury. Wanny even said something in his Press Conf. about Edwards playing FB at Georgia. I'd cut Henry before I'd cut Edwards. On the trade option how about Dallas didn't Parcells draft him??? Bill is loyal to his players and I don't think the Tuna is happy with his RB's.

Edwards was pretty good last night. He played well last year when he was on the field. I don't know if keeping Henry over Edwards would be a good idea....

Ice we need to talk.... :lol:

I don't know, Orlando Olsigary said that maybe we keep all 5 RBs and go from 9 to 8 Lineman.

I think we end up keeping 5 RBs to start the season but I think we go with 8 DL and still keep 9 OL at least until Dixon is fully recovered. The reason being is that if we keep McKinney, Smith and Yates as backups with Smith starting the first game, who will back up the tackle position if someone goes down. I see Jerman making this team and being active the first game along with McKinney while Dixon and Yates are inactive for the that game. Maybe they cut Jerman after Dixon is fully recovered and they stash him on the practice squad...but not until then.

I was for cutting Edwards and keeping Henry before seeing the game friday.

I must say that I was very impressed by Edwards. And maybe Henry will be a good back in 1-2 years and it would suck to loose him but since I think it's the year we have to win it all, we should keep Edwards in case of an injury to Williams. Miami has always seen long term, but we need to win now and Edwards does that for us this year. Minor and Henry haven't really prove they can handle the pounding of being a feature back. Edwards injury seem to be a distant memory...

I'd hate to lose Henry just as much as I'd hate to lose Tolver. We probably do need to keep 9 o-linemen at least for now. Edwards is a good back tho and I don't wanna lose him either. Is not gonna be easy for Wanny.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom