Did Edwards make the team? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Edwards make the team?

Here's my nitpick of Edwards during the Atlanta game. This is only one miniscule thing, pretty minor, but it was because of him that led to Sage getting blindsided and fumbling the ball. Edwards looked right at the guy making his way to Sage, (could've exchanged pictures of their kids, if they have em :D) but instead of laying the block he went ahead and ran his route. That's one play outta a bunch of great ones, and hindsight is 20/20 I guess. Then again, look at my signature.

Thats a good point you can't be having lapses like that but maybe he was thinking more along the lines of giving Sage a quick out so that they could make positive yardage out of the gaffe by #60 Greg Jerman. I dunno. I do know that in general Robert Edwards has shown himself to be much better at pass protection than Leonard Henry.

I think Henry's gonna get a lot of time against New Orleans to showcase himself for trade. The Phins want people to know that we're fine with keeping all four backs.

Wanny mentioned that Edwards started his career at Georgia as a FB. Any chance we keep 4RB's and only Konrad if he's healthy this week?

I think the Saints will be looking long and hard at your back-up RB's this Thursday. We are desperately trying to find a solid back-up to McAllister. We brought in Kijana Carter, but I don't think he's gonna cut it. Curtis Keaton is not the answer. Edwards would be ideal and I think we would be willing to trade for him as opposed to waiting for a possible waiver.

Just to put this idea in perspective. Last year during a pre-season game with the Bengals, Haslett was so enamoured with what he saw of Curtis Keaton in that game, that we sent the Bengals a 4th round pick for him. Turned out the guy was dumb as a stump a couldn't learn the playbook. He's still having trouble with it. Not a very instinctive runner either.

Edwards averaged almost 6 yards a carry last year for us. That was more then any other back on are team including Ricky for us to cut him would be stupid. I know it didnt get much carries but he has proven he can be a great back in his rookie season. If he ever gets back to his orignal form he will be great. If Ricky goes down Henry and Minor arent going to be able to cut it. They are too small to have a huge impact while Edwards is a good sized runner with good speed

If Wanni trades Edwards for a conditional 7thrd 2006 pick I will be levid.:fire:

Back
Top Bottom