Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Not sure how to answer this question.
For the players it's probably a great thing.

It seems to have been a boon for both the league and the players.

The sport is rocking and rolling as fans interest continues to grow. Fans are more into the sport that ever before looking at not just what happens with their favorite team but those across the entire sport. Virtually every game is relevant now and FA plays a big part in the game.

I would say it was a great move that has produced a lot of excitement and really opened doors. It's certainly one that has clearly increased the viewership and the revenue it provides.

Complaining about FA is a bit like saying, "this place used to be better before it got so popular."

Baseball... FA absolutely ruined. Half the teams in the league can't EVER have any sustainable success. The big market teams will just buy their star players.

Football... due to it's cap, FA has probably just balanced it.
free agency didn’t ruin MLB......not having cap did it

No. Having the franchise tag option is huge. If the NBA and MLB had franchise tags they wouldn’t be the dumpster fires they are.

No. Having the franchise tag option is huge. If the NBA and MLB had franchise tags they wouldn’t be the dumpster fires they are.

Not a fan of the tag. It’s Un-American. Well modern day American. It’s very 1800s American.

These guys have limited windows to maximize the value of their talents.

I’m always pro-player. Wish the union demanded it was abolished (for lack of a better word) in the next CBA.

Last edited:
One, has the league been ruined? Two, how can one thing be responsible?

The fact that certain positions become "must have at any cost" spots might have been responsible. We (society as a whole) can't wait for development of players or anything else. Show me the money is the world, not show me improvement.
Show Me The Money GIF

cameron crowe GIF

As a fan its a shame a guy you watch for years and have a 'relationship with' as the face of the franchise can pack up and go.

As a player they have every right to seek employment as they can.

Free agency of some sort is needed but I think the NFL has a decent balance with a hard salary cap. I wouldn't mind reforming it some, maybe make contracts more or less ironclad but as long as a team can't outright buy a Superbowl things are good.

Back
Top Bottom