Did JaMarcus Russell Skip The Wonderlic? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did JaMarcus Russell Skip The Wonderlic?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So just out of curiosity I decided to check out the Wonderlic scores for this years QB class, and the first thing I notice is Russell's score is missing. In fact, his NAME isn't even mentioned on the lists. Chris Leak scored an EIGHT, and some lists don't even show it, they just have a blank spot next to his name :lol:.

Now, I don't place a lot of emphasis on the wonderlic, but I do always check the QB scores because it IS a test that scores your ability to quickly and accurately solve problems under pressure. I think of all the positions the QB is really the only one this test holds any weight for (even though I still don't place much weight on it).

For anyone Curious, the results are:

Drew Stanton - 35
John Beck - 30
Brady Quinn - 29
Kevin Kolb - 28
Matt Guiterrez - 28
Jordan Palmer - 23
Justin Rascati - 23
Jeff Rowe - 21
Luke Getsy - 20
Tyler Palko - 18
Toby Korrodi - 12
Chris Leak - 8

Anyone know what the deal with Russell not taking it is?

Wish I could help you out...but none of the place I search have the scores yet.

Those probably arent real scores.. those were the scores " reported " after the combine, like 24 hours after..

The Wonderlic scores are held under lock and key so Id be surprised if anyone REALLY knew what the score was

Those probably arent real scores.. those were the scores " reported " after the combine, like 24 hours after..

The Wonderlic scores are held under lock and key so Id be surprised if anyone REALLY knew what the score was

IDK, I got them from this site: http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic.htm, but even if they aren't official it is still odd that Russell, probably the most highly scrutinized player in the draft, is completely absent from the charts.

Oh my god an 8? Wow...

Well, according to the history chart of every QB score, the lowest was Oscar Davenport from Kansas State in 1999, he got a SIX., Then one other guy got and 8 besides Chris Leak, and that was Vince Evans from USC, in 1977. A couple dudes got 10s and even more got 11s, but only 3 people have been in the single digits and Leak is one of them :lol:

That is abysmal to score that low on the Wonderlic. Nice way to put yourself down in the history books ;).

I would also question the validity of those scores, as they are not supposed to be released. Chris Leak was a repeat All-SEC Academic performer; the 8 is pretty unbelievable.

I think Pig Prather has the lowest ever Wonderlich score.

I would also question the validity of those scores, as they are not supposed to be released. Chris Leak was a repeat All-SEC Academic performer; the 8 is pretty unbelievable.

The whole Wonderlic system is overrated man . . . Chris leak was a fine college QB and will be picked up by some team in the NFL and he may suprise a few heads. Didn't Marino have a real low score . . . I mean if u know how to play football . . . u don't need a test to tell u that.

The whole Wonderlic system is overrated man . . . Chris leak was a fine college QB and will be picked up by some team in the NFL and he may suprise a few heads. Didn't Marino have a real low score . . . I mean if u know how to play football . . . u don't need a test to tell u that.

Oh I know, but I think they are at least worth taking a look since the entire premise of the test is to try and grade your ability to make quick decisions under pressure. I completely agree it really doesn't transfer over to the football field, but it's nice to get a GENERAL idea of their thought process.

This is the first year that the NFL has refused to release the scores so as far as how accurate any list is who really knows.

Oh and If I recall right I am pretty sure the wonderlic is manditory, so Russell had to take it.

So just out of curiosity I decided to check out the Wonderlic scores for this years QB class, and the first thing I notice is Russell's score is missing. In fact, his NAME isn't even mentioned on the lists. Chris Leak scored an EIGHT, and some lists don't even show it, they just have a blank spot next to his name :lol:.

Now, I don't place a lot of emphasis on the wonderlic, but I do always check the QB scores because it IS a test that scores your ability to quickly and accurately solve problems under pressure. I think of all the positions the QB is really the only one this test holds any weight for (even though I still don't place much weight on it).

For anyone Curious, the results are:

Drew Stanton - 35
John Beck - 30
Brady Quinn - 29
Kevin Kolb - 28
Matt Guiterrez - 28
Jordan Palmer - 23
Justin Rascati - 23
Jeff Rowe - 21
Luke Getsy - 20
Tyler Palko - 18
Toby Korrodi - 12
Chris Leak - 8

Anyone know what the deal with Russell not taking it is?

To clearify the Chris Leak score. He didn't score an 8. He answered 12 questions and got 8 of them right. This was also from his practice wonderlic test from Florida's Pro Day in 2006 and not from the Combine in 2007.
http://wonderlic.blogspot.com/2007/02/chris-leak-wonderlic.html

Back
Top Bottom