Did JaMarcus Russell Skip The Wonderlic? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did JaMarcus Russell Skip The Wonderlic?

I'm curious as to Russells score. If he scored over 20-25 his agent ought to be trumpeting those scores.

I would also question the validity of those scores, as they are not supposed to be released. Chris Leak was a repeat All-SEC Academic performer; the 8 is pretty unbelievable.

I agree, if he does have a learning disability then kudos to him for sticking in college 4 years and acheiving the accolades that he did.

I agree, if he does have a learning disability then kudos to him for sticking in college 4 years and acheiving the accolades that he did.

yeah I know I am quoting myself, but I posted before I read the entire thread. I dont think Leak is an NFL qb, but that is based on his arm, not his head.

The wunderlich is overrated because they ask you stupid questions about months and dates or whatever and certain players dont take it seriously and I guess your asked questions in rapid succession. It does not test your ability under pressure if you refuse to deal with it. It has nothing to do with playing football. I could see players just rolling their eyes all over this. That is probably why they keep it under lock and key because players will just refuse to take it like they refuse to run on the Indy track.

I was gunna say.

Because Vince Young= 8; he's dumb as a brick

Chris Leak= Vince Young

Both dumb as a brick and scored and 8/50.

there stupid as all hell.

The difference is Vince Young is succeeding in the NFl and Chris Leak won't do a thing, not even in NFL Europe. And FYI, Vince got a 16, not an 8, and Dan Marino only got a 15, so by your logic Vince Young is smarter than Dan Marino.

And it's already been established that the 8 wasn't the score but the number of questiones he answerd right, on a 12 question test, meaning he got 66.6% right.

So just out of curiosity I decided to check out the Wonderlic scores for this years QB class, and the first thing I notice is Russell's score is missing. In fact, his NAME isn't even mentioned on the lists. Chris Leak scored an EIGHT, and some lists don't even show it, they just have a blank spot next to his name :lol:.

Now, I don't place a lot of emphasis on the wonderlic, but I do always check the QB scores because it IS a test that scores your ability to quickly and accurately solve problems under pressure. I think of all the positions the QB is really the only one this test holds any weight for (even though I still don't place much weight on it).

For anyone Curious, the results are:

Drew Stanton - 35
John Beck - 30
Brady Quinn - 29
Kevin Kolb - 28
Matt Guiterrez - 28
Jordan Palmer - 23
Justin Rascati - 23
Jeff Rowe - 21
Luke Getsy - 20
Tyler Palko - 18
Toby Korrodi - 12
Chris Leak - 8

Anyone know what the deal with Russell not taking it is?

Wonderlic is probably better for actual jobs than it is for football players. Really it's just a general sense of how a QB will fare when learning a new playbook, etc. That said, scoring real low would probably mean you'll have trouble learning new plays and analyzing game strategies from film and that your style of play is wholly instinctive rather than through higher-level brain functions.

Back
Top Bottom