Did Jayden Daniels win the Heisman? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Jayden Daniels win the Heisman?

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Another 4 TD passes to go with 235 yards on just 16 completions in LSU’s 42-30 win over TXAM. Mix in another 11 carries for 120 yards on the ground and he’s running away with it, no?

36 TDs, 4 INts, 3577 yards. 1014 yards, 10 rushing TDs on 124 carries (8.2 YPC).

High second round pick?

Another 4 TD passes to go with 235 yards on just 16 completions in LSU’s 42-30 win over TXAM. Mix in another 11 carries for 120 yards on the ground and he’s running away with it, no?

36 TDs, 4 INts, 3577 yards. 1014 yards, 10 rushing TDs on 124 carries (8.2 YPC).

High second round pick?
I hope so. I’m not an LSU fan but he’s probably my favorite player to watch.

Cool thread that has stats that describe how the top QB's performed in different areas.

I think Daniels is in the mix with Williams and Maye. He obviously benefited from Nabers and Thomas Jr, but they benefited from him, as well. Burrow benefited from Jefferson and Chase, Tua from Smith and Waddle, Hurts from Lamb.

He's shown rare playmaking ability and the ability to lead a super-potent offense - about on par with the Burrow offense. The D was just worse. His style of play reminds me of a mix of Burrow and Jackson. Weight is the only concern regarding his ability to translate, but I think his athleticism mitigates that some. He does need to learn how to better/more consistently protect himself.

Williams and Maye are younger and have bigger arms, but they haven't been as good as Daniels - never reached the heights he did - and they're not as athletic as him. With any of them, I think you need to have a plan to accentuate their strengths - just like with any QB ever.

I think the top 5 picks should be the 3 QB's, Harrison Jr, and Nabers. After them, you have the Alt, Fashanu, Bowers, and Turner.

Then you have guys like Latham, Verse, Braswell? (think he's currently underrated), Latu, DeJean, Franklin, Thomas Jr, and Odunze. Maybe the UGA OT is in that mix, too. I could also see the Washington OT (that everyone loves for Miami) in that range.

I haven't looked hard at CB, but outside of DeJean, the top guys feel more Top 40 than Top 20 - upon initial viewings.

When you hear someone say, I only have 17 1st Round grades, they're talking about Top 20 guys. I like Top 5, 10, 20, 40, because it better reflects what you actually can expect to achieve at a given slot. If you draft a Top 40 guy at 27, that's normal (for example).

Some of those guys I listed Top 20 are kind of fringe for me - could be Top 20 or Top 40.

But, getting back to Daniels, he's firmly in the Top 5 for me. He has answers to different problems, and he's an A+ playmaker.

Definitely, I would sign Daniels and Williams and give them their window as #1, if I'm team that is looking to start a window. I would sign Penix too. I would not sign Maye, not interested. The three are all potential #1 overall picks imo.

Back
Top Bottom