Did Jordan Philllips play? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Jordan Philllips play?

I think Phillips is getting a bad rap. He was decent last night, if not flashy. He did have a penalty. We definitely need him on our team while he is under contract for these next two years. Then, we'll see.

I think Phillips is getting a bad rap. He was decent last night, if not flashy. He did have a penalty. We definitely need him on our team while he is under contract for these next two years. Then, we'll see.

Some people always need a bone to chew on. Michael Egnew, Daniel Thomas, Caleb Sturgis, Dallas Thomas and now it's Jordan Phillips turn. I don't think he played poorly at all. If he didn't have the name Phillips on his back some people might even be saying that big number 97 didn't look to bad either. After a while it feels like you don't look bad because of the way you played you look bad because your name is Jordan Phillips. If some fans didn't know who he was they would grade his performance differently.

Raekwon was a gravy player. It was great to see him doing so well in camp, but we weren't counting on any of our rookies to start.

We thought our DT rookies sucked early, and now we're down on Phillips?

BTW- Hayes looks like he could whoop anyone's *** on the team except for Suh...Damn, he looked good.
Bullshit, we were absolutely counting Raekwon to start. Why the hell else would he get first team reps in practice? And they put him at middle over Timmons and kiko who have both played there before. So yes, he was being counted on to start.

Bullshit, we were absolutely counting Raekwon to start. Why the hell else would he get first team reps in practice? And they put him at middle over Timmons and kiko who have both played there before. So yes, he was being counted on to start.

Let's pause on calling Bullshit. If Timmons and/or Alonso didn't have positional flexibility, Raekwon probably wouldn't have started right away. It's a blow, especially to our run D, but Raekwon not getting any run in nickel tells you all you need to know about the hacking order at LB.

We were hoping, and it was a nice development, but I never thought it was Raekwon or bust when we drafted him.

That's probably where I should've added more clarity in my original post. I, personally, had that opinion on draft day. It's reflective in my earlier post...No further questions, your honor.

I never knew what to make of Phillips but the fact he's being outplayed by a 5th round pick doesn't bode well for him.

I never knew what to make of Phillips but the fact he's being outplayed by a 5th round pick doesn't bode well for him.

We shall see how it all plays out. But I still don't get the thought that if you have a player who is solid at his position and continues to be solid, but then you draft a guy any any round who looks good or great than that means the player who is solid is now viewed as being disappointing? I'm not saying this is the case with Phiillips and Godchaux... I'll wait and see. BUt just because the team likes what they see in one player doesn't have to mean they don't like what they see in another. They could just like one more than the other. If they fall in love with Godchaux it doesn't have to mean they hate Phillips. Now if Godchaux was just looking so-so and out playing Phillips than yes I would agree. But if your 5th round draft pick is performing like a 1st or 2nd round choice or a two or three year vet than that's relection on Godchaux not Phillips.

Personally I felt if you viewed both players under the same microscope on Thursday they both did decent jobs. I didn't see enough from either to say one clearly out played the other. As a group Miami's d-line helped hold Atlanta's runningbacks to 72 yards on 27 carries ( qb's gained 41 on 5 scrambles). That's 3.0 yards per attempt and not bad at all for the entire defense, meaning regarless of stats players were doing their jobs for the most part.

Last edited:
We shall see how it all plays out. But I still don't get the thought that if you have a player who is solid at his position and continues to be solid, but then you draft a guy any any round who looks good or great than that means the player who is solid is now viewed as being disappointing? I'm not saying this is the case with Phiillips and Godchaux... I'll wait and see. BUt just because the team likes what they see in one player doesn't have to mean they don't like what they see in another. They could just like one more than the other. If they fall in love with Godchaux it doesn't have to mean they hate Phillips. Now if Godchaux was just looking so-so and out playing Phillips than yes I would agree. But if your 5th round draft pick is performing like a 1st or 2nd round choice or a two or three year vet than that's relection on Godchaux not Phillips.

Personally I felt if you viewed both players under the same microscope on THursday they both did decent jobs. I didn't see enough from either to say one clearly out played the other.
this is a good point and happens a lot in sports. Just seems philips hasn't played to his potential yet.

I learned my lesson about overrating interior dline play in the preseason after warmsley last year turned out to be a dud. Phillips had some of his usual splash plays like sniffing out a screen that Fede cleaned up and pursued the ball down the los well.

Vincent Taylor looks stiff and upright to me. Not a lot of bend. That doesn't usually bode well for leverage battles.

Back
Top Bottom