Did Miami Have To Try For The Pat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Miami Have To Try For The Pat?

Hey Guys,
I was hoping someone could let me know what happened on the PAT after the touchdown. I can't find any info on it. Was it even attempted?
Thanks!!

I was thinking the same thing. Did they change the rule in off-season? In the Viking-Saints miracle playoff game, I remember the Saints actually had to come back from the locker room to line up for the PAT. There was like 10 min delay waiting for them to come back on. The Vikings took a knee but for some reason they had to line up. Maybe because the outcome of this game did not affect the point spread?? :ponder:

Someone screwed that up. If it was OT, then no, but at the end of regulation, they must come back bbn on the field for the PAT attempt.

I was thinking the same thing. Did the change the rule in off-season? In the Viking-Saints miracle playoff game, I remember the Saints actually had to come back from the locker room to line up for the PAT. There was like 10 min delay waiting for them to come back on. The Vikings took a knee by some reason they had to line up.
Yeah and I remember the Vikings just kneeling it too

Last edited:
If they needed it to win...they would have

Rule 4-8-2 changed it under those circumstances.

Last edited:
Didn't they do away with that in the off-season to prevent injury and improve game flow?

Makes no sense to force them to kick pat if they are in the lead with no time left.

It doesn't, but like I said in an earlier post, they made the Saints actually come back from the locker to line up in the playoff game earlier this year. It was really ackward. The PAT did not effect the outcome of that game. I do not know if the rule was changed or it was a screw up.

They also made the Packers come back on the field in the infamous "fail mary" game. Major props to McCarthy for getting his players to come back on the field and do that. I would said F*ck you to the NFL on that one with the replacement refs.

Back
Top Bottom