Did someone advise RW to retire? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did someone advise RW to retire?

john00agent

tuna safe
Joined
Mar 6, 2002
Messages
700
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Tampa
My theory: Ricky was smoking pot all along and beating the tests. NFL caught on and had there 4 game suspension. At this point RW had a choice, submit another test and fail or retire. Either way he loses out on a year, but by retiring he only loses a 4 game salary to "the man", aka NFL.

Hey...anythings possible in this word of lawyers and loopholes.......

Also, conveniently it was exactly one yr to be reinstated.....and he chose the day b4 training camp....so he would be able to come back after 1 yr and still attend camp....
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
Yeah it was Kazoo, the little green alien from the Flintstones, that advised Ricky to retire one day when he toked up.
 

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,132
Reaction score
126
Age
33
Location
East Berlin, PA
kingnate85 said:
Yeah it was Kazoo, the little green alien from the Flintstones, that advised Ricky to retire one day when he toked up.

I was talking to him last night when i was tripping on acid...obviously im joking drugs are bad, herbs are good! :D
 

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
7,258
Reaction score
19
Age
42
Location
Arizona
kingnate85 said:
Yeah it was Kazoo, the little green alien from the Flintstones, that advised Ricky to retire one day when he toked up.

I thought it might've been Orbity myself.

family_ORBITYGIF-1.gif
 

Vector1Dolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 23, 2005
Messages
763
Reaction score
57
Location
Melbourne FL
john00agent said:
My theory: Ricky was smoking pot all along and beating the tests. NFL caught on and had there 4 game suspension. At this point RW had a choice, submit another test and fail or retire. Either way he loses out on a year, but by retiring he only loses a 4 game salary to "the man", aka NFL.

Hey...anythings possible in this word of lawyers and loopholes.......

Also, conveniently it was exactly one yr to be reinstated.....and he chose the day b4 training camp....so he would be able to come back after 1 yr and still attend camp....

Seems like that would be one way to dodge that Bullet. If it was by desigh good move for him. Didn't help the TEAM much :fire:
 

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
13,500
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Long Beach, Ca
john00agent said:
My theory: Ricky was smoking pot all along and beating the tests. NFL caught on and had there 4 game suspension. At this point RW had a choice, submit another test and fail or retire. Either way he loses out on a year, but by retiring he only loses a 4 game salary to "the man", aka NFL.

Hey...anythings possible in this word of lawyers and loopholes.......

Also, conveniently it was exactly one yr to be reinstated.....and he chose the day b4 training camp....so he would be able to come back after 1 yr and still attend camp....

He lost a lot more than 4 game checks by retiring.
 

FrostyFinFan

Club Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
544
Reaction score
259
Location
ND
kingnate85 said:
Yeah it was Kazoo, the little green alien from the Flintstones, that advised Ricky to retire one day when he toked up.

Kingnate... how the hell do you know about Kazoo, you're only 19 yrs. old! Kazoo was around before you were born. Have you been watching the Cartoon Network reruns? I'm impressed! By the way, do you also know about Mighty Mouse and Huckleberry Hound? :D
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
FrostyFinFan said:
Kingnate... how the hell do you know about Kazoo, you're only 19 yrs. old! Kazoo was around before you were born. Have you been watching the Cartoon Network reruns? I'm impressed! By the way, do you also know about Mighty Mouse and Huckleberry Hound? :D

Old cartoons are the best. There is this tv station called Boomerang that plays all the old cartoons. I make it a habit to watch it from time to time.
 

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2
Location
NC
john00agent said:
My theory: Ricky was smoking pot all along and beating the tests. NFL caught on and had there 4 game suspension. At this point RW had a choice, submit another test and fail or retire. Either way he loses out on a year, but by retiring he only loses a 4 game salary to "the man", aka NFL.

Hey...anythings possible in this word of lawyers and loopholes.......

Also, conveniently it was exactly one yr to be reinstated.....and he chose the day b4 training camp....so he would be able to come back after 1 yr and still attend camp....

If this was true, why so many stories as to why he quit ?? He blamed too many people/reasons...sounds like he just decided to quit one day while high and then couldn't go back and change what he had done...sure the drugs were part of it...But if so, why the various reasons for his retirement...just come out and say it like a man...he didn't...I have no remorse for him because smoking is illegal (whether I agree or not), against the league rules and not healthy for your body...he showed disrespect for authority, his teammates, himself and his family by smoking in the first place and then trumped that fiasco by quitting on his team when they had no recourse to replace him adequately.
 

WestCoastPhins

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
726
Reaction score
0
yes he did lose more than 4 game checks, 16 last year and 4 this year. And possibly a pay cut that would result to the equivalent of 5+ game checks.
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
FrostyFinFan said:
Kingnate... how the hell do you know about Kazoo, you're only 19 yrs. old! Kazoo was around before you were born. Have you been watching the Cartoon Network reruns? I'm impressed! By the way, do you also know about Mighty Mouse and Huckleberry Hound? :D

By the way, of course I know about Mighty Mouse and Huckleberry Hound! Classics! What about El Kabong and his sidekick Baba Booey, Snagglepuss, Top Cat, and Underdog!
 

cnc66

wiley veteran bad spelur
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
19,512
Reaction score
0
Location
indian river country
kingnate85 said:
Old cartoons are the best. There is this tv station called Boomerang that plays all the old cartoons. I make it a habit to watch it from time to time.

Tom Terrific and Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog ?
 
Top Bottom