did the jets get 3rd anf 15 twice??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

did the jets get 3rd anf 15 twice???

omfg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i dont have a dvr so can someone look back when jets were backed up to their own endzone 3rd and 15 threw a bubble screen and got a holding called on 10 holmes 10 yard penalty right... Why was it 3rd and 15 the next play??? was i seeing ****??

i dont have a dvr so can someone look back when jets were backed up to their own endzone 3rd and 15 threw a bubble screen and got a holding called on 10 holmes 10 yard penalty right... Why was it 3rd and 15 the next play??? was i seeing ****??

The penalty is enforced from the spot of the foul. The Jets were on the 9 yard line, Holmes held at the 19 yard line. So a 10 yard penalty at the 19 put them right back at the 9 yard line.

how did he hold 10 yards down the field on a bubble screen thrown on the line of scrimmage?

well hopefully it will be available for download and i can see it again

Holmes is a receiver and was blocking a safety downfiled where the screen was going out near the sticks, that is how he was called for holding 10 yards downfield. I understand the confusion though, it took me a moment to figure it out while I was watching it as well.

Back
Top Bottom