Did Troy Smith win the Heisman because of Ted Ginn? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Did Troy Smith win the Heisman because of Ted Ginn?

CammyCamCam

QB Coach
Reaction score
Troy Smith made some spectacular plays at Ohio State, but got shut down in the championship... is it because he lost Ted Ginn as a playmaker after the Kick Return celebration?

word is that he got fat on the Heisman tour and was never the same

having a crappy LT didn't help either

Troy himself said that having Ted Ginn was the reason he won the Heisman. You know the truth is always in between, it takes two to tango. Troy doesn't win the Heisman without Ted, and meanwhile you swap out Troy Smith for, let's say, Justin Zwick, and Zwick wouldn't get the Heisman just cuz of Ginn either.

No, Ted Ginn did not win the Heisman for Troy Smith. However, Troy Smith won the heisman because his offense was stellar altogether. Now Ted Ginn was a big part of that definitely, but so was Anthony Gonzalez and Antonio Pittman.

So then 'Anthony Gonzalez' had nothing to do with him receiving that award?

I do recognize that Ted Ginn Jr. did receive the team award in 2006 'Archie Griffin Award (most outstanding offensive player)'

Troy himself said that having Ted Ginn was the reason he won the Heisman. You know the truth is always in between, it takes two to tango. Troy doesn't win the Heisman without Ted, and meanwhile you swap out Troy Smith for, let's say, Justin Zwick, and Zwick wouldn't get the Heisman just cuz of Ginn either.

But, who gives a crap...the only thing that matters is that we have Ginn.

Fair assessment.

The only interesting thing to note for me about this question is how when he won Troy Smith went out of his way to say that it was easy to win the thing when Ted Ginn is you main go-to guy.

He didn't say that about Anthony Gonzalez, Antonio Pittman, or the OL.

It is ironic how his 2 recievers went in the 1st round of the NFL draft while he went in i beleive it was the 3rd or 4th round.

The question was did he win the heisman because of ted ginn.

The answer would be no. But Ginn did help him. so did his O-line, and everybody else. They had a excellent offense this past year

They had a very solid Offense last year.
I think as a whole they helped him.

No he won because he made alot of great plays and only had one real bad game (which was after he won the award)

Back
Top Bottom